A4 (B5 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B5 Audi A4 produced from 1995-2001 B5 FAQ

Audi A4 stumbles and shakes on acceleration. No DTC codes shows up.

Search this Thread

Old 11-08-2013, 01:35 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Glenn Minks
I've got a similar issue. I call it lag, press the gas, engine doesn't respond, then it either shudders/stutters forward or surges hard all at once.

I'm just trying to find what makes sense.

Oh and it's a late '07 A4, 119K on the odometer.
What makes sense is posting this on the correct forum (B7 - A4) for your car.
Old 11-10-2013, 05:43 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My car has the same problem it Starts, runs for 2 seconds then runs really rough then dies what could be the problem?

I have a problem with my 99 a4 1.8t...it will start up and idle but once i rev it, it bogs down and stalls, i plugged the ecu comp in and it read that the injector circuits are stuck open on all 4 cylinders...what do you think the problem could be ????...thanks for any help

Car Starts, runs for 2 seconds then runs really rough then dies.
Old 11-10-2013, 05:43 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Default Car Starts, runs for 2 seconds then dies

My car has the same problem it Starts, runs for 2 seconds then runs really rough then dies what could be the problem?

I have a problem with my 99 a4 1.8t...it will start up and idle but once i rev it, it bogs down and stalls, i plugged the ecu comp in and it read that the injector circuits are stuck open on all 4 cylinders...what do you think the problem could be ????...thanks for any help

Old 11-10-2013, 10:14 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Originally Posted by AudiMick
What makes sense is posting this on the correct forum (B7 - A4) for your car.
Thanks for the "help" JakA55..
Old 11-10-2013, 04:08 PM
Tech Guru

Received 106 Likes on 97 Posts

LOL. 3 posts in and already making friends...
Old 11-10-2013, 06:27 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

I'm just trying to find what makes sense.
Old 11-11-2013, 09:08 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Originally Posted by 4Driver4
LOL. 3 posts in and already making friends...
Ha! I suppose without a bunch of ****** in the world running off at the mouth (myself included), we'd all soon forget what it means to be a nice person... LOL

Thanks gents...I needed a refresher...
Old 01-30-2014, 12:59 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Originally Posted by Norbert Romeo Matashu

I hope that by this time you have found the solution. I recently experienced these exact same symptoms in my 1998.5 Avant. I changed everything from the coil pack, purge valve, fuel filter, to temp sensors, cam sensors, and throttle body (since the sensor on the throttle body does not come separate).

At the end of the day, although all replacements helped it "run better", it was still cranking up, idling for a bit, rough idling and then shutting off. Turns out with 280K miles, it was my fuel pump. Popped a new one in and now it's running like a bull.
Old 02-08-2014, 05:43 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Brake booster vacuum leaking when the motor torques? Happened to me with the 2.8 a few times. There's a connection on the firewall that leaked just the slightest and actually stalled the car exiting the highway a couple times.
Old 10-13-2014, 11:28 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

My Audi A6 2004 (V6 2.4 Multitronic) has a similar problem. At idle it shakes and when you push the throttle it takes a little while to pick up. I have changed the coils, wires, and plugs and recently changed the transmission ECU as well as it was faulty. But still it doesn't accelerate like it used to. I need help guys!

Quick Reply: Audi A4 stumbles and shakes on acceleration. No DTC codes shows up.