A4 (B5 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B5 Audi A4 produced from 1995-2001 B5 FAQ

Bose gone bionary & Integra challenge

Search this Thread

Old 03-01-1999, 10:54 AM
Dave K

Default Bose gone bionary & Integra challenge

Radio went Binary. All of a sudden the radio changed back to station preset #1 which is 104.7. Then I changed over to a CD and played CD #4, track 7. Then after a few moments it switched to CD#1 track 1. It did this a couple of times, then I went back to the radio and the display showed 047000XX. The X's would constantly change anywhere from 00 to FF depending on the range change. All stations would show like this. If I sat still it would slow down to D9, DA, DB. Now I see how this radio works behind the scenes. Turning off/on did not clear problem. Picked up daughter, showed her, them powered off/on radio again and woollah !!! all is OK now. Time will tell. And yes I am satisfied with my BOSE. <br>And also - I had an Integra RS that TRIED to race me on the highway, Ha! - wasn't really even close ( a whole other story). It's a good feeling being able to pull away from someone at will. The higher the speed - the farther away I went. <p>Dave K<br>98.0 Avant QTB<p>
Old 03-01-1999, 11:35 AM
vik

Default Not to rain on your parade...

...but the Integra RS is an econobox. It's the GSR and the GSR-R that are the fire-breathing Integras. I'm assuming you have a 2.8 Tip, and my guess is that a GSR will probably stay with a Tipped 2.8, and a Type R will run away from both.<p>But don't let that get you down -- just think of all the extra gear you can carry! :-)<p><br>-vik<br>1.8tqms (7 weeks away)<br>Garrett chip (10 weeks away)<br>toasted Integra GSRs (10.1 weeks away)
Old 03-01-1999, 11:53 AM
Peter

Default Integra v A4

Well, in all the drag races I've had with my wife in our 98.5 1.8tqm and our 95 GS-R, the GS-R always comes out on top...regardless of who's driving (she's probably got the faster feet). Now, when we finally get around to chipping the A4, it might be a different story.... <p>By the way, vik, what's a "toasted" Integra? Chipped? Modified in some other way? (maybe you can e-mail me the answer, so as not to clog up the board with non-A4 posts...). <p>-P<br>
Old 03-01-1999, 12:20 PM
George P

Default Re: Integra is a piece of sh*@

Some one broke a window on my A4, so my dealer gave me an Integra to drive in the mena time.<br>And what a piece if fine Japanase ****.<p>I do not care what engine it has, the car is junk.<p>-george<br>1998 A4 1.8TQM <br>1990 Audi S2 Quattro Rally Car
Old 03-01-1999, 12:48 PM
AJL

Default Sorry to rain on any more parades but...

Sorry to rain on any more parades but...<p>Honda engineers great automobiles. Not great in the personality or prestige sense, but the great in engineering and manufacturing quality. Books, magazines, statistics, racing, and engineering studies all seem to back me up here.<p>BTW, do you know who US and European car manufacturers have been studying for the last 10 years in order to get some clues? It's not because they want to build "junk"...<p>AJL<br>98 Passat 1.8T
Old 03-01-1999, 12:51 PM
AndrewT

Default I'm inclined to agree, but...

You have to admit the engine in the Type R and GS-R are gems. Rev 'em up high (6000RPM+) and it screams and sounds awesome. Not much power down low, though. But that sound...<p>-andrewt
Old 03-01-1999, 12:52 PM
KJ

Default ...the A4 is a road car and not 1/4mile or 0-60; buy a mustang or camaro for drag racing.

these cars on a road course will be happy to 'keep up' w/ a chipped A4. I also prefer the A4 on dates and around town ;-) I like the A4 most because I don't see one on every street corner like BMW, accord, camaro, mustang and a gazillion SUVs.
Old 03-01-1999, 12:55 PM
vik

Default George, my man, don't judge all Integras by your dealer's loaner...

A loaner has most likely been ridden hard and put away wet. I drove a GSR with ~30K on the clock, and that car was FUN to drive! How can you not like an 8500 redline? Made me feel like I was on my Katana 600..... <p>And the Type R is better yet. Yeah, the Integra doesn't have the fit/finish or sophistication of the A4, but it's quite a little rocket for the money. If it had more room on the inside and didn't have those damnable bugeye headlights, I'd have thought long and hard about getting one myself....<p><br>-vik<br>1.8tqms (7 weeks away)
Old 03-01-1999, 01:17 PM
Peter

Default Oh, I agree! That's why we have both...

...one for invigorating, yet civilized driving and one for tossing around the really twisty stuff on the weekends. I actually think both cars would look good on a date...though I can't remember what it's like to be on a date. <p>-p<br>
Old 03-01-1999, 01:17 PM
HJohn

Default I agree....(more)

After 135K on an Integra, I'm moving on to an A4. It has been a very reliable and enjoyable car to drive and I'm sure, with proper maintenance, will go to 200K easily. It does not come up to the A4 standard in many ways, but it was well worth the price.<p>John<br>1.8tqms (days away)<p>

Quick Reply: Bose gone bionary & Integra challenge