Originally Posted by 1999Audi
Im replacing heater core.
I can't remove AC unit control, and Center console, its look like something still holding it(please see photo blue arrows - 9 bolts removed), Is there more bolts or clips?
Please help. Thanks
What you got there is a great start, now what you want to do is but i am not sure what model car you have, what I had to do is
1. Remove rear Center Console (3 Bolts)
2. Remove (2 Bolts) where to front shifter console connects and meets with the center console (the one with the arm rest, and cup holders) on the bottom near the seats. 8MM bolt(s)
3. The arm rest center console can stay in but the removing the bolts make it easier to install and put everything back together. Gives you the play room.
4. Now with the shifter console/radio console, follow the trim on the drivers side, near the gas pedal, there is a small oval shape rubber piece, carefully pull the console trim over the rubber piece.
5. Remove radio with DIN Keys
6. Remove radio (fake wood) trim (2 screw)
7. look for the x4, 8MM black bolts that hold in the shifter console, and remove them.
8. Now gently pull the shifter console, careful on the top part of the trim by the fake wood trim so you don't crack it.
9. After you got the console out, there will x4 8mm black bolts that hold in that whole unit and comes out as one.