A4 (B5 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B5 Audi A4 produced from 1995-2001 B5 FAQ

Concert head unit blown fuse and K line

Search this Thread

Old 07-30-2016, 09:43 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Concert head unit blown fuse and K line

Did some searching and could not come up with an answer. My son's 99 A4 Avant with the Concert radio suddenly decided it would drag the K line to ground and quit communicating. Pulled the radio and it now communicates. With the fuse on the back of the radio blown, will that cause the radio to ground out the K line, or should I be looking for some internal failure to the radio itself?

I'm trying to work thru all the little nit noid things so I can get it ready for inspection and plates this next month. Texas requires inspections prior to getting plates, and this car has been off the road for a couple of years now and I need to put some miles on it to set all the readiness bits.
Old 07-30-2016, 10:38 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by cvairwerks
Did some searching and could not come up with an answer. My son's 99 A4 Avant with the Concert radio suddenly decided it would drag the K line to ground and quit communicating. Pulled the radio and it now communicates. With the fuse on the back of the radio blown, will that cause the radio to ground out the K line, or should I be looking for some internal failure to the radio itself?

I'm trying to work thru all the little nit noid things so I can get it ready for inspection and plates this next month. Texas requires inspections prior to getting plates, and this car has been off the road for a couple of years now and I need to put some miles on it to set all the readiness bits.
Yes for some reason it can! My A8 that i used to have, I got it not able to communicate, I found the fuse on the back of the radio blown, as soon as I replaced it, the radio jumped to life and I was able to communicate. Never an issue again. If replacing the fuse does not fix the communication issue, then yet the radio can fail internally and need replaced.
Old 07-31-2016, 06:05 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks for the info. I'll grab that fuse along with some others I need while I am out on errands this morning. If it fixes the problem, then great. If not, then I'll probably forgo putting the broadcast radio back in and pop one of my ham rigs in instead. The soon to be 16 year old really doesn't need the broadcast radio...