A4 (B5 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B5 Audi A4 produced from 1995-2001 B5 FAQ

Insurance company will not cover ANY of my mods. :-(

Search this Thread

Old 05-02-2002, 11:12 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Progressive covers $1000 in aftermarket parts..

Gotta keep receipts, take pictures, to cover your ***.
Old 05-02-2002, 12:00 PM

Default :(

but at least the stage 3 and most of your brakes and suspension are salvageable...

sorry to hear that mark.
Old 05-02-2002, 12:19 PM

Default Sadly, there's a good reason that they don't w/o a special rider.

What is a used mod worth? What's a used modded up weekend race car worth? Why do people have the habit of returning cars to stock to sell them (and occasionally not tell the next buyer that the engine was run at 2X the normal boost for the last 75K miles)?

Mods are, from a sales/replacment value point of view, depreciative to a car. Thus, how do they (the insurance people) value your loss?

Buy me a brand new PES G2 if I wreck the car to replace the hard to sell used one I lost? Not likely.

Encourage people to total their cars to get replacement value, which would be above what we might sell our used mod-cars for? Also not likely.

Sucks. But not hard to understand. I'd do it too if I ran an insurance company.

- Z
Old 05-02-2002, 03:24 PM

Sorry to hear about that...
Old 05-02-2002, 08:45 PM

Default Mine's trying to screw me too (more)

Okay, so I'm waiting for the check on my stolen/sturipped (totalled) civic so I can get my A4. My insurance is trying to jack me bad. They're offering me $2500 for my 92 hatchback with a 1.8L integra motor, tranny, front axels, and all the standard bolt ons, suspension, alloys, custom interior, etc.. I have receipts for everything. The stereo alone was worth $2400. I laughed at them, told them pictures were on their way and that unless they plan on doing better, they can talk to my lawyer.
Old 05-02-2002, 08:48 PM
Rest In Peace

My ins. co. would cover permanently installed stereo equipment, but not the other stuff.
Old 05-20-2016, 09:04 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Change your insurer!
Old 05-20-2016, 10:25 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 201 Likes on 172 Posts

Originally Posted by Leslie Simpson
Change your insurer!
That's got to be some kind of record - responding to a thread that hasn't seen action in 14 years!
Old 05-22-2016, 06:01 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by raj99
That's got to be some kind of record - responding to a thread that hasn't seen action in 14 years!
Hell yeah.
Old 06-12-2016, 05:36 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Default What He Said

Originally Posted by oldkenobi
well we both know your "modifications" were more extensive then mine but when I totaled my car I took anything and everything that wasnt bolted down and some stuff that was. I didnt even leave a stock ECU in it. Also they gave me extra $ for the few mods that I did claim with reciepts like the bumper and euros. What they are doing to you just doesnt sound right to me. I mean, are they really goint to inspect the car and make sure everything is there? I dont even think the claims guy even looked at my car after I stripped it... they had already decided how much they would give me for it.
Same thing for when my motorcycle was totaled.....i literally spend 3 hours stripping everything off it the night before a tow truck came and took it away. I mean i took everything i could like the cat, my exhaust, my clutch and brake levers, etc, etc. My bike was totaled so you couldn't really go thru it and inspect everything. Plus, the guy who came to look at it and gimme a number that'll be on my check did not have a clue bout motor cycles as in never even ridden one let alone work on one. The Tow truck driver even asked me if there was anything from it that i wanted to keep because it was just going to be thrown in a junk yard for spare parts and to become a hunk of shiny red scrap metal. He let me keep front fork (snapped in two) which was attached to the front tire for crying out loud! lol Bro, just take as much crap as you can out of it once the people come and inspect to give you a cash total. Once inspected, the insurance people never see it again; its all put on the tow truck/junkyard/ wherever-its-ending-up people to take care of. If not, then idk man...what kind of people you have working your auto insurance companies over there in the UK?? lol Goodluck to you tho. i hope it all works out well for you!

Quick Reply: Insurance company will not cover ANY of my mods. :-(