A4 (B5 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B5 Audi A4 produced from 1995-2001 B5 FAQ

Lighting questions...

Search this Thread

Old 10-06-2016, 03:17 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Lighting questions...

I purchased my first A4 this week for $1500. It is a 1998 Quattro that was meticulously maintained and the only reason they were selling was due to health issues. It had 3 issues that were noted when I purchased it which I am currently fixing (valve cover gasket, ABS module, exhaust clamps need to be replaced).

So here are my questions...It has an OEM fog light switch that illuminates when pushed, however, there aren't any fog lights. No brackets for them, the fog light covers don't accommodate them either. Whats up with this?

Next...when I open the drivers door the interior lights do not illuminate, only the driver side footwell light does. If I open the rear doors the red safety lights illuminate but the interior lights do not come on. The interior lights do work if I turn them on, but not when operated by the door. So the only interior lights that are working correctly are the driver side footwell light and the rear door safety lights...

Next...Right rear passenger window does not work I found out. It doesn't work from the drivers switch, the door switch, or the key in the door method. The lock works, the speaker works and the safety light works. I pulled the rubber boot of the pillar and everything looks good. Before pulling off the door panel to investigate is there anywhere else I should be looking? An older couple owned this car and I don't think anyone has ever ridden in the back seat, so I am wondering if the window is frozen from lack of use.

I can rip everything apart but thought id ask those experienced with these issues first which will hopefully give me a better idea of where to start looking.

Thanks in advance!