A4 (B5 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B5 Audi A4 produced from 1995-2001 B5 FAQ

message for AOA -- re: Jim H.

Search this Thread

Old 02-03-1999, 12:16 PM
wr

Default message for AOA -- re: Jim H.

This situation is the most UNFORTUNATE I have yet to see regarding this board and the one 1 1/2 years I have been here.<p>I hope that my responding is a wake up call for AOA. I've assumed that the situation referenced was an official or semi-official AOA response. If it was not, AOA has my humblest apologies for the message I am sending below.<p>Let me send a message to AOA. If I hear that this situation worsens, you can be assured that I, a customer that has purchased BOTH an 1998 A4 and a 1998 A6 (about $70,000 US Dollars) will NEVER, and I repeat NEVER ever purchase another Audi, VW or whatever vehicle from the company again. I may also consider trading these two new cars for another make whose executives/managers undertand this medium. I will also do everything in my power to convince others not to buy a vehicle from this company. <p>I have been an internet executive for over 5 years, been there pretty much at the beginning of the commercialization of the 'net. This is a brand new medium that you'd better learn to use properly. This is fairly serious stuff. Freedom of expression is a very fundamental issue on the 'net. It extends across borders making the new world fairly borderless. My suggestion: if you want to "use" a4.org for marketing information, then you'd better hire someone who knows what this medium is all about.<p>'nuff said. <p>
Old 02-03-1999, 12:47 PM
pogo

Default Don't send for previously posted reasons. Also, poorly written.

.<br>
Old 02-03-1999, 12:52 PM
John M

I don't understand your message. What's your point? What did AoA do? Did AoA reprimand Jim H for posting stuff here? What the dealio?
Old 02-03-1999, 01:08 PM
bt

Default poorly written -- NOT!

I thought it was very well written, direct and to the point. So.......what's your point????
Old 02-03-1999, 01:46 PM
igor

This isn't your battle - let Jim H handle it
Old 02-03-1999, 01:55 PM
klidge

I think pogo's point is that the post has numerous typos and besides, it isn't going to make anyone at AoA do anything in response.
Old 02-03-1999, 02:56 PM
Brad S.

Default Gee, if we're going to start counting typos to flame people, I'm outta here. The post was right on the mark.

nt<br>
Old 02-03-1999, 03:12 PM
Termi(NT)or

Default Like the typo where you forgot to type (NT) because you had NO TEXT?

<br>nt
Old 02-03-1999, 04:41 PM
BT

Default Re: message for AOA -- re: Jim H.

I think that one point that has been overlooked is the AoA side of things.<p>There are limits on how you publicly speak, no matter what company you work for. There's a difference between<p>a) speaking as an non-employee<br>b) speaking as an individual but employed within a company<br>c) speaking on behalf of a company.<p>So while most of us on A4.org belong in (a), and JimH fits in (b), AoA is worried about falling into (c), where you start getting into liability problems, especially when so many people read it everyday.<p>I've found JimH's post informative and intelligent. Frankly I'm betting the only reason that AoA is asserting their position is so that other audi employees don't cross the line.<p>Like what's been posted ad nauseum, it's between Jim & AoA. I don't think an anti-Audi movement is necessary or warranted.<p>No, I don't work for AoA, but I do work with marketing folks.
Old 02-03-1999, 04:50 PM
klidge

Brad S, I don't give a hoot about typos on this board, but if you're trying to impress AoA with an important message, hell, you ought to proofread it.

Quick Reply: message for AOA -- re: Jim H.