A4 (B5 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B5 Audi A4 produced from 1995-2001 B5 FAQ

Mud Flaps and my 99.5 - Question about part #

Search this Thread

Old 02-07-2000, 07:50 AM
Jager McConnell

Default Mud Flaps and my 99.5 - Question about part #

Howdy.
I'm about to buy mudflaps and I was poking through the archives and am finding conflicting information. It sounds like people have gotten the mud flaps made for MY 1999 to work in the 99.5s but there's also some talk about there being special mud flaps for MY 199.5-2000.
I callled up clair and they're specking out the '99 flaps for my 99.5...is this right?
Anyone have a part # for the ones that will work better with my 99.5?
Thanks for any and all help.

-Jager McConnell
99.5 A4 2.8 QM who's tired of having his car dirty 2 minutes after leaving the car wash
Old 02-07-2000, 08:06 AM
ChrisR

Default I got mine for MY200 from clair....

They fit ok, and matched the side molding perfectly. I dont have the PN's right here in front of me, but I'm sure clair will set you straight. I know the PN's I got were NOT the same ones in the Audi Accessories cat that you get from the dealer.

ChrisR

'00 1.8tqmsx
Old 02-07-2000, 08:06 AM
ChrisR

Default I got mine for MY2000 from clair....

They fit ok, and matched the side molding perfectly. I dont have the PN's right here in front of me, but I'm sure clair will set you straight. I know the PN's I got were NOT the same ones in the Audi Accessories cat that you get from the dealer.

ChrisR

'00 1.8tqmsx
Old 02-07-2000, 08:07 AM
Duh

isregard...my screw-up!
Old 02-07-2000, 08:08 AM
Goddamnit

Friggin Keyboard!
Old 02-07-2000, 08:10 AM
99.5 - 00 Avant rears seem to pose a problem..

Default My experience with 99.5 Avant, pasted from Word document.

Sent to Barry and/or Mack at Clair Parts with teturn shipment

Re: Mud flaps for 99.5 A4 2.8 Avant QMS

First off, thanks for your help so far on this mud flap fiasco. At least it's not the wrong pistons, valves, woman, or some other critical part, and it's obvious we're all sort of victims of Audi's confusion over what the correct parts supposed to be.

Here's what's occurred so far:

 As a result of a posting on Audiworld.com (then A4.org) I called you to order front and rear mud flaps, part numbers 8BD0-075-101A for the rears and 8BD0-075-111B for the fronts. The parts were duly shipped, invoice #144854, dated 11/12/99.
 Harried parts picker puts A6 flaps in box (too much caffeine?).
 Flaps arrive here, note problem on packages, call you. You initiate A UPS pickup order for the A6 flaps and send me the parts with the numbers shown above.
 Replacement parts arrive, front flaps go on without a problem, fit like they were molded on the body.
 Rears (8BD0-075-101A) don't look right. Detail on instruction sheet shows four screws on fender lip that don't exist on my car, the fender liner shown doesn't resemble my car's, and the radius on the flaps doesn't match that of the wheel well on my A4.
 Call Clair, and Barry (I think) tells me that Clair has just discovered this problem and has contacted Audi about the correct part #. Issues a UPS pickup order and I send the flaps back. Upon their arrival at Clair an appropriate credit is issued to my MasterCard account.
 On 12 Jan 2000 the supposedly correct rear flaps, part # 8D0-075-111-BA, invoice 148955, are shipped to me and my MasterCard account is billed $45.26.
 Parts arrive, but they are "Mud flaps, front" for "Audi S4 97 - >". Oops.
 I call to report this, and agree to ship these flaps back, with my MasterCard acct. to be credited for the price plus my shipping costs.

So, that's how things stand at this point. Any progress on the correct parts number? I have a suggestion. The next time a 99.5 A4 Avant comes into your shop, pop open a ZAW 166 308 package and see if these fit. These are the mud flaps shown on Clair's web site, and another contributor to Audiworld.com who owns an A4 Avant FAXed me the instructions that came with the ZAW 166 308 flaps he put on his car. He didn't seem too pleased with the fit, but the wheel well detail shown in the instructions for these parts sure looks like my car.

Thanks again, and please let me know what you find out.

Bill Houston
Old 02-07-2000, 08:12 AM
Hope htis company wint out of ubisness!!

You've got a Friggin keyboard too?!?!
Old 02-07-2000, 08:14 AM
Jack Martin

Default Re: Mud Flaps and my 99.5 - Question about part #

Can't help you with the part numbers from my "smoke break" at work, but I'm certain that the flaps made for MY1999 will not work on 1999.5s or on 2000s; another poster and I had a long off-line discussion about that last fall. For MY2000 cars --- and for the 1999.5s --- you need a different flap part number, and any Audi parts department should be able to read that on their fiches.

If you have the sport package --- which you didn't claim in the sig line --- you will probably file off about a half inch of each flap in normal driveway and parking garage entrances and exits, but it's pretty symetrical, and, if you sand off the rough spots, it'll essentially self-level in time.

Jack Martin
1999.5 A4tqms Avant, tuned flaps
Old 02-07-2000, 08:25 AM
Jack Flap

Default Re: My experience with 99.5 Avant, pasted from Word document.

I'm the guy who faxed Bill the installation drawings, so I feel I need to qualify the impression I provided Bill that the fit of the rear flaps wasn't great. The numbers he gave you are correct for this car, and the fit of the rear units, although it took some effort in installation, was good. (Was more concerned with the amount of persuading I had to do to make them fit than with the fit itself.)

As said, other than distributing a fair amount of black plastic on the curbing at my driveway and in DC parking garages, I'm pleased with the function of these flaps.

Jack
Old 02-07-2000, 08:25 AM
Microsoft keyboard

Default Yeah, it's called a

eom

Quick Reply: Mud Flaps and my 99.5 - Question about part #