A4 (B5 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B5 Audi A4 produced from 1995-2001 B5 FAQ

OEM CD Changer problems?

Search this Thread

Old 04-22-1999, 06:31 AM
Rhema

Default OEM CD Changer problems?

I had a nice surprise waiting for me when I got home from work. A UPS package from Clair's was there with my OEM CD changer, splash guards, and coin holder.<p>I'm not the most mechanically-inclined person, but it took me an hour to install the changer in my <B>99.5 A4</B>. The hardest part was finding the cable where the adapter plugs into. Next in difficulty was prying off the paneling on the driver's side (if i knew where the cable was, I wouldn't have had to remove the paneling in the first place). I was able to get 3 of the 4 screws in w/o unbolting the metal bracket.<p>Possible problems? First, whenever I slide the cd magazine in, the changer continuously flips through all the cd's over and over again until I stop it with the stereo controls. Secondly, I'm hearing a hiss from the speakers when playing cd's. It's more noticable during slow/quiet songs and while parked. Other than that, I think the changer is great. The sound quality is much better than listening to the radio.<p>I've yet to install the splash guards, but the coin holder is a cool thing to have. I just don't think it's worth $13...<p>
Old 04-22-1999, 08:17 PM
BH

Default Re: OEM CD Changer problems?

I just install the CD-changer from Clair. I did not have those problems. The only problem I have is when I now turn on the radio this is a slight static pop and then everything sounds fine. It only happens the first time I turn on the radio when I drive the car.<p>