A4 (B5 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B5 Audi A4 produced from 1995-2001 B5 FAQ

Service Nightmare - update

Search this Thread

Old 08-20-1999, 03:12 PM
noelty

Default Service Nightmare - update

I posted a note (titled Audi Service Nightmare)regarding my A4 being in the shop (for several weeks) late last week.

I wanted to post an update and let everyone know that I still do not have my car back. Tuesday will mark one full month that I have been driving the loaner VW bug instead of my 2.8 Quattro.

I notified Audi Client relations on Tuesday, and was told they would contact the dealer, make sure the part is expedited and that I can expect a follow up on Wednsday...

Having heard nothing from Audi I had to call late Thursday and speak with a supervisor.

I was told the part will be in today or as late as Monday and I should have my car back next week. I told the client relations supervisor that I expect Audi to compensate the difference for providing a car that is nowhere near the quality of car I pay for on a monthly basis. I told her it was bad enough to have been given the run-around from the dealer, and now I am getting the run-around from client relations. She promised she would look into what she could do regarding compensation and she would call me back today...well, you guessed it, I haven't heard back from her.

Just an update for all...I will post any new information immediately.
Old 08-20-1999, 03:17 PM
RickS

Default I think we should start a letter writing campaign to Les Hunt ...

about how ****ty the ownership experience is due to bad dealers. It's too bad, because the cars are magnificant but over all it leaves a bad taste in your mouth when you have to deal with the idiots surrounding Audi. HEY AUDI, "You can't soar with eagles while hanging around with turkeys"
Old 08-20-1999, 03:18 PM
Noelty

Default Re: I think we should start a letter writing campaign to Les Hunt ...

I concur whole heartedly!!!
Old 08-20-1999, 03:30 PM
RickS

You have the tranny problem at steve taub, right?
Old 08-20-1999, 03:30 PM
david

no bad experiences yet, but first 20 min. delay and I'll sign for all those who suffered before me!
Old 08-20-1999, 03:32 PM
Stoney

Default Re: I think we should start a letter writing campaign to Les Hunt ...

I would say something to this effect:

As an A6 shopper, I am concerned when I hear that parts are on back order, service takes a long time, loaner cars are substandard, and parts are expensive. Most parts are not available from third parties. These all add up to a severe cost of ownership problem that has me seriously reconsidering a purchase. My Honda has been reliable over the last 9 years, parts are plentiful and cheap, and the dealership has never kept my car overnight. Does Audi need to go through an acquisition (like Jaguar) before they get the message of quality, reliability, and cost of ownership?

FWIW
Old 08-20-1999, 03:34 PM
Noelty

Default Re: You have the tranny problem at steve taub, right?

You are correct...
Old 08-20-1999, 03:35 PM
Noelty

Default Re: You have the tranny problem at steve taub, right?

How did you know? Did you read my earlier post?
Old 08-20-1999, 03:38 PM
RickS

I remember conversing with you the other day.
Old 08-20-1999, 03:41 PM
RickS

Default Here is my plan (please read if you have had service problems)

I am cutting ans pasting everyone's disgruntled posts (anonimously, of course) and will compile them to send to Les Hunt, Pres. AoA. I will send them to his hous if I have to! Please e-mail me directly if you wish to submit something. My e-mail address is:

RSchmitz4@cs.com

Quick Reply: Service Nightmare - update