A4 (B5 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B5 Audi A4 produced from 1995-2001 B5 FAQ

stereo help pleaseeeee

Old 01-24-2016, 07:52 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default stereo help pleaseeeee

Hey so I have a 97 audi a4 and the thing had an aftermarket radio in it. I took it out to put my jvc Bluetooth one in aND I can't find a color code for any of it. The clip diagrams aren't helping at all. I have a bunch of wires taped together so they are no all over the place. Could someone post a diagram that has colored wires? Or look at diagram and tell me the color for the wire that goes into the needed slot in the plug?. I don't believe I have a bose but I'm not sure. There is a 6 disc cd changed and the back speakers with an amp on them. Could I get help?!?
Old 01-27-2016, 01:52 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by justin123
Hey so I have a 97 audi a4 and the thing had an aftermarket radio in it. I took it out to put my jvc Bluetooth one in aND I can't find a color code for any of it. The clip diagrams aren't helping at all. I have a bunch of wires taped together so they are no all over the place. Could someone post a diagram that has colored wires? Or look at diagram and tell me the color for the wire that goes into the needed slot in the plug?. I don't believe I have a bose but I'm not sure. There is a 6 disc cd changed and the back speakers with an amp on them. Could I get help?!?

The 97 had a Delta head unit made by Blaupunkt, the changer is M-Bus Audi specific and made by Alpine .

If someone gas butchered the wires (there is no reason to do this incidentally as adapter harnesses are cheap and readily available) , you are going to have to figure out whether you have a bose install or not.

The Bentley Publications manual for the B5 is the only one that has wiring color codes. also look here though.

B5 Audi Radio And Sound System Wiring Diagram [61410] - Circuit and Wiring Diagram Download
Old 01-27-2016, 01:59 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by AudiMick
The 97 had a Delta head unit made by Blaupunkt, the changer is M-Bus Audi specific and made by Alpine .

If someone gas butchered the wires (there is no reason to do this incidentally as adapter harnesses are cheap and readily available) , you are going to have to figure out whether you have a bose install or not.

The Bentley Publications manual for the B5 is the only one that has wiring color codes. also look here though.

B5 Audi Radio And Sound System Wiring Diagram [61410] - Circuit and Wiring Diagram Download
it doesn't specify bose on the speakers. It has tweeters on the front doors and front speakers. There is the nokia mini amp on the back of the driver side rear speaker so I don't know
Old 01-30-2016, 08:14 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by justin123
it doesn't specify bose on the speakers. It has tweeters on the front doors and front speakers. There is the nokia mini amp on the back of the driver side rear speaker so I don't know
The nokia amp is for the old analog cell phone hands free I think.

It sounds like it's not Bose, if the old aftermarket radio was wired for Bose you would have probably been using the RCA outputs.

That diagram I linked to is the correct one.