A4 (B5 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B5 Audi A4 produced from 1995-2001 B5 FAQ

Well A4.Org - I finally joined the ranks of you...

Search this Thread

Old 09-09-1999, 07:34 PM
Marcus Frost

Default Well A4.Org - I finally joined the ranks of you...

Yes, it's true. I got it.

I finally got my 99.5 1.8TQM. Brilliant Black w/ Onyx Leatherette. Options are Trip CPU, Sport Steering Wheel, Cold Weather Package, Sunroof, and, of course, QUATTRO. It's a dream come true.

I've got 50 miles on it just today(!). That and the fact that my face hurts from smiling so much should be description enough of how I am feeling right now. I don't know if I'll be able to sleep tonight. Let's hope so.

Before I end this message - I want to personally thank all of the A4.Org staff - because THIS board is the REASON I got an A4. I also want to thank all of the people on this board, who have answered my questions before or who just bring good information to the board. It is with your help that I have been able to find out so much of the A4. My hats go off to all of you and my thanks go to you as well. I look forward to many happy days with my Audi.

Sincerely,

Marcus Frost
*99.5 1.8TQM*
Old 09-09-1999, 08:20 PM
AndrewT

Default Allow me to be the first one to offer congrats...

i see you finally bit the bullet and got the black! Sounds great, Marcus, I'm glad you feel better after that terrible ordeal. Congrats!!

-andrewt
Old 09-09-1999, 09:15 PM
goku

I thought they messed up your order? Did I miss something? Either way congrats!
Old 09-09-1999, 10:12 PM
Shark

Default Happy for you...enjoy the brilliant black...

I know how disappointed you were when the dealer botched your order,
Glad to hear the debacle is over...now on to much better stuff like
deciding on chips and suspension packages!!!!

Peace

Shark
97 A4 2.8qm
brilliant blk
Old 09-10-1999, 03:22 AM
Al Pollack

Congratulations Marcus!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Enjoy!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!
Old 09-10-1999, 04:06 AM
Steve W (in MD)

Default Congrats...

Marcus,

When I read of mixup on your order and the dispair it brought, I wondered how I would have responded. You see, I bought a Santorin Blue 99.5 Avant 1.8TQM with Onyx sports seats. The only other option in the car was the sports package. I appreciate your original choice, but was both amused and surprised by your comments on the Avant. I chose not to send you any flaming messages, because you were already suffering enough. I chose the Avant because I like its balance, and because my son needs the rear seat headroom. (Of course, one of my former students told me that my son would truly appreciate the fact that the back seats go down! Oh dear...)

I am pleased that you were able to get an A4 that meets your needs this soon. I hope that the car turns out to exceed your best expectations. Mine has.

Steve W (in MD)
Old 09-10-1999, 04:45 AM
Mike Kwok

Congrats....now go and enjoy yourself!!!
Old 09-10-1999, 04:51 AM
Chris L.

Congrats! Thought of you yesterday - saw a 1.8T brill black, window tint, and BBS RX wheels. NICE!
Old 09-10-1999, 05:20 AM
Mark P

Enjoy your Black Beauty - Congrats!
Old 09-10-1999, 06:25 AM
sceptic

Aren't you the 18 year old who allegedly paid for the car himself? Yeah, right.

Quick Reply: Well A4.Org - I finally joined the ranks of you...