A4 (B6 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B6 Audi A4 produced from 2002-2005

ABS Module issue"

Search this Thread

Old 11-26-2016, 03:31 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ABS Module issue"

Hi everyone, I have a 2005 Audi A4 1.8t B6 and I currently have my ABS light on as well as my traction control light and my brake light is blinking. I get 3 beeps when I turn on the car and my speedometer works intermittently. I have installed 3 different modules all with the same model number with no luck. I have checked all the grounds, Ive checked the fuses, tested the pump and have run scans using vagcom. My fault codes were for :
ABS module incorrectly coded..
Communication error/intermittent...
Steering angle sensor...
Tried numerous times and methods of recoding the different modules I had installed, one of which was the Ross Tech instructions. I followed these to the letter and it wouldnt seem to take.
I would get the coding for the login and then the soft coding that I got using the
different characteristics of the car. After entering the login code 04277, a spinning cursor in the top left corner would show correct communication of login and communication with the ABS module. Upon entering the soft coding of 09577, it fails to recode and the cursor in the upper corner becomes stationary.....showing that its no longer communicating. Also, in the ABS module ID field, it shows all zero's.
I could really use some help on this one. Does anybody have any definitive idea's or perhaps some direction as to where I might go next? This is, by far, the most perplexing issue I have had to deal with to date. Thank you, any help would be most appreciated.