A4 (B6 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B6 Audi A4 produced from 2002-2005

ABS & Traction Control Lights On

Search this Thread

Old 07-23-2009, 08:23 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ABS & Traction Control Lights On

What up AudiWorld? This is my first thread on this site, so hopefully this isn't an easy fix. Alright, a few weeks ago my brake light switch was faulty. When my car was locked and not running, my brake lights would stay on. So, while driving the dealer to pick up my four dollar brake light switch, my ABS and traction control lights came on. Just figuring the brake light switch completed the circuit (ABS, traction control, and brake light switch). Not knowing too much about electrical nor switches, I thought possibly these errors were all interconnected. Anyways, I replaced the BLS and all the lights went out. (this brake light switch completed the circuit?) A few days ago, I noticed that when I came to a stop light, the ABS and traction control lights came on. Kind of annoying, nothing changes that I can notice. But the fact that these lights are on bother me. I know that when the do come on, they are disabled. So if anyone knows anything about this, any comments would be appreciated? Anyone else have this issue before? Comments are appreciated in advance.
By the way, I do have 19" RS4 wheels. Would this through off the sensor somehow? However, when I take a tight turn, occasionally, my traction control light comes on. Any bearing on my concern?

2004 Audi A4 1.8TQ
Old 11-19-2014, 09:25 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

I have same issue plus cruise control wont work. Any one help?
Originally Posted by atownaudi
What up AudiWorld? This is my first thread on this site, so hopefully this isn't an easy fix. Alright, a few weeks ago my brake light switch was faulty. When my car was locked and not running, my brake lights would stay on. So, while driving the dealer to pick up my four dollar brake light switch, my ABS and traction control lights came on. Just figuring the brake light switch completed the circuit (ABS, traction control, and brake light switch). Not knowing too much about electrical nor switches, I thought possibly these errors were all interconnected. Anyways, I replaced the BLS and all the lights went out. (this brake light switch completed the circuit?) A few days ago, I noticed that when I came to a stop light, the ABS and traction control lights came on. Kind of annoying, nothing changes that I can notice. But the fact that these lights are on bother me. I know that when the do come on, they are disabled. So if anyone knows anything about this, any comments would be appreciated? Anyone else have this issue before? Comments are appreciated in advance.
By the way, I do have 19" RS4 wheels. Would this through off the sensor somehow? However, when I take a tight turn, occasionally, my traction control light comes on. Any bearing on my concern?

2004 Audi A4 1.8TQ
Old 11-19-2014, 04:24 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Manual or Auto?
On my manual, there is a switch very similar to the brake light switch on the clutch pedal. The same issues, ABS & Traction control lights on, cruise control not working.

Replaced the switch, all good. Mine was part number 7H0927189.

If you haven't replaced a switch like this before, (brake or clutch) it's pretty simple, 1 electrical plug, twist old switch out, push the pedal down a bit to give yourself room to install without fouling the switch, twist new one in, let pedal up slowly to engage on the plastic trigger. The only trick is - Don't play with the switch first. The trigger on these have a self adjusting cam on the inside, this sets the switch to the correct length once its installed. If you push the trigger in, it will set the length incorrectly and I am not aware of anyway to reset the trigger to full length.
Old 01-02-2015, 08:00 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

I had problems with my abs&esp lights coming on. I used Vagcom and it told me it was the front left abs sensor. So I replaced it. The abs&esp lights come back. So I Vagcom again this time it said front right abs sensor. So I replaced it. Again the abs&esp lights came back. So again I used vagcom and again it said front right abs sensor. This time I changed the abs module. I should have done that in the first place, because BINGO problem solved. The Audi B6 is know for a faulty abs module. The morel of the store Vagcom it and eliminate the problem. Hope this helps
Old 01-03-2015, 09:39 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Thanks for the info.my issue was i pulled the wrong fuse for the brake light an it threw the mils.
Originally Posted by Killerk
I had problems with my abs&esp lights coming on. I used Vagcom and it told me it was the front left abs sensor. So I replaced it. The abs&esp lights come back. So I Vagcom again this time it said front right abs sensor. So I replaced it. Again the abs&esp lights came back. So again I used vagcom and again it said front right abs sensor. This time I changed the abs module. I should have done that in the first place, because BINGO problem solved. The Audi B6 is know for a faulty abs module. The morel of the store Vagcom it and eliminate the problem. Hope this helps