A4 (B6 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B6 Audi A4 produced from 2002-2005

Affordable Aftermarket Work?

Search this Thread

Old 03-31-2015, 08:58 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Affordable Aftermarket Work?

Just bought a 2003 Audi A4 Quattro 1.8t. Stoked to finally own an Audi, as well as my first manual transmission. Got this car for the snow, so one of my first upgrades is going to be some ski racks. Leaning towards Thule Racks. Anyway, what are some affordable aftermarket upgrades that are pretty common and fun for Audi A4 B6 owners? I'd like to put a new muffler on her to make her sound pretty and perhaps add a little more HP. Are there affordable performance chips? Affordable suspension upgrades? Should I get all season tires or switch between stock and winter? Any advice would be great! I'm switching from a 2007 Toyota FJ Cruiser so I'm not too knowledgable yet about how to go about performance sedans. Pictures of your guy's Audi's would be great too, love to see the different ways people go about customizing cars...Thanks!
Old 03-31-2015, 07:05 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by Skiboy96!
Just bought a 2003 Audi A4 Quattro 1.8t. Stoked to finally own an Audi, as well as my first manual transmission. Got this car for the snow, so one of my first upgrades is going to be some ski racks. Leaning towards Thule Racks. Anyway, what are some affordable aftermarket upgrades that are pretty common and fun for Audi A4 B6 owners? I'd like to put a new muffler on her to make her sound pretty and perhaps add a little more HP. Are there affordable performance chips? Affordable suspension upgrades? Should I get all season tires or switch between stock and winter? Any advice would be great! I'm switching from a 2007 Toyota FJ Cruiser so I'm not too knowledgable yet about how to go about performance sedans. Pictures of your guy's Audi's would be great too, love to see the different ways people go about customizing cars...Thanks!
I would get chip tuning by ARP or GIAC

Get a 200 cell cat, downpipe and exhaust from Techtonics
You can do those yourself, pretty easy work

Techtonics Tuning, VW and Audi Performance Tuning and Repair Parts
Old 04-02-2015, 05:03 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

A vent boost gauge is cool and easy to install. I got mine from ECStuning.