A4 (B6 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B6 Audi A4 produced from 2002-2005

Battery disconnected, now car is reset! help...

Search this Thread

Old 08-07-2003, 10:41 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Battery disconnected, now car is reset! help...

I disconnected the battery to install a car amp. The amp is now in (connected to the bose line levels in the trank - sweet!) and the amp works.

When i reconnected the battery, i lost a few minutes on the clock (makes sense) and all my radio presets were wiped out. ALSO, the TCS light stayed on for 10 miles or so, my car has lost power (engine program seems to be set to no ***** mode), my keyless entry no longer operates the door locks or the alarm and my windos no longer do the auto-up or auto-down. Basically, my car got reset.

Do i need to go to Audi to fix these issues? Or can I reprogam myself? Sucks that you cant disconnect a battery these days!

Seth
Old 08-07-2003, 10:44 AM

thats never happend to me before, only the time but thats bout it...
Old 08-07-2003, 10:55 AM
AudiWorld Member

Default Are you running a chip (APR) ? If so it resets back to stock mode.

Give the vag mods a few days, they'll work again. Also you need to put the key in the on position after reconnecting the battery and let it sit for a few mins. The computer needs to recheck all settings and make adjustments if necessary.
Old 08-07-2003, 10:57 AM

Default I think there's also a way to fool around with the driver's window switch

to reset your VAG-COM mods. I don't remember exactly, but it's along the lines of down, up, down, up, hold down for 5 seconds.
That's what the APR folks did when they chipped my car and the windows wouldn't work right.
Old 08-07-2003, 11:02 AM

Default No...it's exactly like the infinite lives cheat on the old Nintendo Contra game...

Up, up, down, down, left, right, left right, B, A, Start.
Old 08-07-2003, 11:07 AM

Default On part of my install ....

... my clock reset, lost windows up with keys and air bag light came on. I had not even disconnected the battery yet. So I rest the clock and a few days later I diconnected the battery to finish up. My clock did not reset this time around. My windows up with key started working once again after plugging in the back seat air bag connector, but airbag light is still on. Gonna have Audi take a look next week when it goes in for 20k.
Old 08-07-2003, 11:08 AM

If it is an eeprom how does it reset when power is taken away??
Old 08-07-2003, 11:26 AM

Default As for the keyless entry...

I think it is in the manual somewhere that you will need to reset the keys somehow after battery power loss. Try to look up battery, or keysless entry, maybe just keys in the manual. I do not have it with me at the moment, sorry...
Old 08-07-2003, 11:31 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Some answers

1) The TCS throws the error because the yaw control sensor sensed an illegal voltage. After driving it aoround the block the error will clear. It is normal, happened on mine too when I did my amp install.

2) The remotes will only work after you have used that particular key to start the vehicle at least once after the power reset. Then they should work as normal.

3)The auto up/down windows will need to be reset, each 4 of them, one at a time. To do so, just lower the window manually all the way, then raise them one at a time and hold the switch in the up position for 2 more seconds after the window has reached the top position. After that it will work fine.

4) The remote window up/down (if you have it enabled) will not work until you reset all windows' auto up/down feature.

Good luck, I hope that helps!
The following users liked this post:
Pguarda (12-14-2023)
Old 08-07-2003, 11:33 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default As for the airbag light....

If you make it to the GTG this weekend I can read the codes for you. My airbag light was on also because I have removed the rear seat at one time during the install and the center rear seatbelt sensor was disconnected. That caused the error. I hope that helps! See you at the GTG (wherever it'll end up being)

Quick Reply: Battery disconnected, now car is reset! help...