A4 (B6 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B6 Audi A4 produced from 2002-2005

:: ECS Tuning :: B6 A4 1.8T Auto Transmission Service Kit

Search this Thread

Old 09-09-2014, 09:14 AM
Audiworld Basic Sponsor

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Default :: ECS Tuning :: B6 A4 1.8T Auto Transmission Service Kit

Periodic fluid/filter changes remove harmful dirt and metallic particles to head off automatic transmission failures and expensive repairs. Fresh fluid renews additive packages to improve shift quality and performance.

ECS stocks what you need to perform routine service operations: from filters and gaskets, to premium fluids that meet stringent OEM standards.

If you think it's time for a change, we can help.

Time For A Change

Click HERE to order or for more information

Fits:
Audi B6 A4 1.8T (2002-2005)

Let me know if you have any questions.

Jason
Old 11-23-2014, 08:44 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Jason
I have a 2003 audi a4 1.8T Cabrio that is a FWD with a CVT transmission. It has the common problem of shaking or shuddering while shifting between the lower gears. After spending thousands of dollars not getting the problem resolved by Audi garages and supposedly qualified mechanics, I am still not ready to give up on it as it only has 70K miles and is a cream puff. The problem only occurs while in automatic mode, not in standard mode so I am ruling out that the whole tranny needs to be replaced. I think it must be the TCM but no one (qualified mechanics who couldn't fix the problem) agrees with me. My wife says, drive it standard mode and don't spend any more money trying to fix it. Will a complete transmission fluid flush help? These forums sometimes confuse more than they help so I am asking for another opinion. Thanks Mark
Old 11-24-2014, 06:17 AM
Audiworld Basic Sponsor

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by marxtoy
Jason
I have a 2003 audi a4 1.8T Cabrio that is a FWD with a CVT transmission. It has the common problem of shaking or shuddering while shifting between the lower gears. After spending thousands of dollars not getting the problem resolved by Audi garages and supposedly qualified mechanics, I am still not ready to give up on it as it only has 70K miles and is a cream puff. The problem only occurs while in automatic mode, not in standard mode so I am ruling out that the whole tranny needs to be replaced. I think it must be the TCM but no one (qualified mechanics who couldn't fix the problem) agrees with me. My wife says, drive it standard mode and don't spend any more money trying to fix it. Will a complete transmission fluid flush help? These forums sometimes confuse more than they help so I am asking for another opinion. Thanks Mark
Hello,

Unfortunately its very difficult to diagnose a problem like this over the internet. I can only speculate what might be the issue. Unfortunately by just mentioning its shaking or shuddering is not giving me much to go by. Are there any check engine lights? Has the vehicle been scanned for fault codes? Any qualified Audi mechanic should have at least some idea of whats going on by hooking it up to VAG-COM. I would suggest having this done first. If they shop is not Audi specific they may not have the proper tools to run diagnostics on your vehicle. It could be something as simple as a misfire which would require a new spark plug or coil pack.

Also a CVT transmission change should be done by a qualified Audi specific tech as it is a complicated process and if not done correctly can seriously damage the transmission.

Jason