A4 (B6 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B6 Audi A4 produced from 2002-2005

Fuel Gauge and Computer Problem

Search this Thread

Old 08-01-2014, 08:48 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Q7

Originally Posted by SilasJudd
I had this happen pull the fuel pump fuse and the instrument cluster fuse turn on (not engine just electronics). Turn off put fuses back it will reset it's self.
Hi Silas,

My Q7 is having the same issue but I haven't been able to find the fuel pump fuses. Do you know where they are located? Thanks in advance.
Old 03-13-2015, 07:01 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Thanks for this post! Fixed in less than 2 minutes and I thought this was going to be an expensive repair. I owe you a beer!

The only thing that was curious was that I was able to start the car with the #15 and #28 fuses out. The reset happened as soon as I turned the key to the pre-ignition position. Then, I cranked it thinking it wouldn't start and it did.

My car is an A4 B6 3.0 Avant.
Old 01-16-2016, 05:33 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Originally Posted by SilasJudd
I had this happen pull the fuel pump fuse and the instrument cluster fuse turn on (not engine just electronics). Turn off put fuses back it will reset it's self.
Just registered to say THANK YOU!!

I believe that this might be related to a low voltage condition as a trigger. Not sure though.
Thought I was gonna have to bring my A2 to the dump before reading this and trying it out. (yes, I'm over reacting sometimes ;-) )

Best regards
Anders
Old 01-26-2016, 11:56 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

HI, I have 2002 A3 1.8T, I bought it from a guy who had converted it from auto to manual transmission. my fuel gauge is erratic, it can move to full, then as I drive it moves down up to where I think will be the right fuel level. sometimes its at empty when the car is not empty, then later moves up. its like when the car is parked in the sun pressure build in the tank and when I start the car it will show full, as I drive pressure drops and it moves down. I am confused please help
Old 01-27-2016, 06:35 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 35 Likes on 35 Posts

A place to start...

Change your Quattro fuel pump and now your gas gauge is acting stupid?
Old 10-13-2016, 06:10 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Help!

I've got the same issue. I changed the dials last week and since then the miles remaining stays between 15-40 (even tho I have half a tank). I have took the fuses out for the fuel pump and gauges and tried resetting it. Miles came back that I had 120 left. After driving for around 10secs it has dropped back down to 30. Thought I might need to wait until it needs filling up until it works... Done that! And still no luck! What should I do??
The following users liked this post:
Kenith Harden (11-15-2020)
Old 02-18-2017, 06:17 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Hello i am having this issue i got my fuel pump replaced and now my gage is reading 3 quarters full when i just filled it up. i tried taking the fuses out and turing the car on electrical and cranking it over. the gage did not reset itself. are there any other things i can try before i go spend money to check out my fuel sender on the left side?
Old 01-05-2018, 04:21 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

I have been having the issue intermittently with the gas gauge showing empty when it's definitely not, and tried this fix. The fuses look ok, but this did not work... am I looking at a fuel sensor / fuel pump replacement instead?

Any suggestions for where to start looking would be appreciated!

Thanks,

Nick
Old 02-21-2018, 02:15 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Default Fuel gauge fixed!

So grateful I found this site. Took my A4 out of storage for a jaunt in the unusual 70+ degree February weather. First wouldn’t start. Got a jump. Noticed gauge said I was at 0 miles! Crept to the gas station and filled up (only $24 of premium) and noticed the gauge still showed empty. Panic stricken! Only had it a couple months last season and am a first time owner. All kinds of dollar signs going through my head. Hubby said Google it! Thank you, thank you, thank you!! It worked!
Old 07-15-2018, 07:21 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Default Audi a3 1.8T

Hello guys just want to know how to fix this problem

how to fix this problem please for the fuelgauge don't know why it is doing that when the needle goes to half the fuel light comes on and also how to fix the display.

Quick Reply: Fuel Gauge and Computer Problem