A4 (B6 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B6 Audi A4 produced from 2002-2005

Fuel gauge is reverse! HELP!

Search this Thread

Old 02-01-2016, 07:28 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Fuel gauge is reverse! HELP!

Hi all, i have a 03/2002 A4 B6 2.5tdi(not quattro) and exchanged my cluster with a color one because the red display on my old cluster stopped working. The new cluster part number - 8E0 920 930 GX (manufactured 02/2001.)
Everything was coded easily and with no problems but the fuel gauge shows opposite fuel capacity. When its full it shows empty and vice versa.
In the course of one year that i am trying to solve this problem i learned that Audi changed fuel sending unit's resistance to opposite than it was. This was done sometime in 2002.
I tried to buy an older sensor but then realised that i have the oldest one. 8E0 919 673 AH. My original sensor shows ~300ohms empty and ~50ohms full tank.
I simply can not find the sensor that would fit my new cluster, can anyone try to offer me a solution for this problem i would be more than thankfull! If you need any more information or any idea, please say something because i am already losing all hope.
Sorry if my english is bad, i am from Croatia.
Old 02-02-2016, 04:47 AM
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by Nidjosaur
Hi all, i have a 03/2002 A4 B6 2.5tdi(not quattro) and exchanged my cluster with a color one because the red display on my old cluster stopped working. The new cluster part number - 8E0 920 930 GX (manufactured 02/2001.)
Everything was coded easily and with no problems but the fuel gauge shows opposite fuel capacity. When its full it shows empty and vice versa.
In the course of one year that i am trying to solve this problem i learned that Audi changed fuel sending unit's resistance to opposite than it was. This was done sometime in 2002.
I tried to buy an older sensor but then realised that i have the oldest one. 8E0 919 673 AH. My original sensor shows ~300ohms empty and ~50ohms full tank.
I simply can not find the sensor that would fit my new cluster, can anyone try to offer me a solution for this problem i would be more than thankfull! If you need any more information or any idea, please say something because i am already losing all hope.
Sorry if my english is bad, i am from Croatia.
Hi, Tanin Auto Electronix here. We are vendors on the site and work on auto electronic issues. We can help you on this. Did you keep the original cluster? We repair the screens and can reset the odometer as well. Here is the link to the Audi A4 cluster repair service we offer:

Audi A4 A6 S4 TT Allroad Gauge Cluster Rebuild

It sounds like the one you installed is not going to work properly in the car. Call us and mention that you talked with us on the forum here. We will take great care of you!

Thanks,
Old 02-02-2016, 09:22 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

I am from Croatia so i am limited to where i can repair this. I can return the old cluster and repair the red display but the thing is i want the color one because i have rns-e installed and the red one does not work properly with it.
So my question is can i somehow fix this existing problem or buy another cluster.
Old 02-03-2016, 01:45 PM
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by Nidjosaur
I am from Croatia so i am limited to where i can repair this. I can return the old cluster and repair the red display but the thing is i want the color one because i have rns-e installed and the red one does not work properly with it.
So my question is can i somehow fix this existing problem or buy another cluster.

That isn't a problem at all. We ship internationally and if you want to private message us with your address, we could atleast get you a shipping estimate for the cluster repair. If the cluster is not repairable, we also help locate a replacement as well. We are happy to assist in any way we can!

Thanks,
Old 02-13-2016, 09:56 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Thank you for the effort but i can repair it here, it is not expensive. The problem is i want to know can i make this dash work somehow or do i need to buy another dash. I do not want a red color dash. Color one is was better.