A4 (B6 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B6 Audi A4 produced from 2002-2005

HELP!!

Search this Thread

Old 08-24-2015, 04:25 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default HELP!!

so I have a couple upgrades on my 2004 a4 including Cold air intake chip k04 turbo bigger injectors it was in an accident ran just fine for 3 days parked it at the shop and it sat till the body work got done now it won't start and shows an EPC error my shop can't figure it out Someone PLEASE HELP it turns over and sparks and its getting gas it just won't start PLEASE HELP ME!!
Old 08-24-2015, 05:36 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Going to need a bit more info. Any CEL's? I'm assuming yes, since it won't start.
Old 08-24-2015, 08:14 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

If the body shop disconnected the battery (which they normally do when doing repairs) the throttle body can get lost.

The ECU should re-align the throttle automatically but I also have a 2004 A4 that for some reason would not. If you have a VCDS it's in the basic settings. When you trigger it you will here the MAF open fully, close fully etc Takes about 20-30 seconds from memory.

Just something to try
Old 08-24-2015, 09:56 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

whats a CEL and Idk much about the maf and whatnot help me out lol use ENGLISH
Old 08-25-2015, 06:00 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 35 Likes on 35 Posts

CEL = Check Engine Light. It indicates a malfunction with the engine that could effect emissions. What malfunctions drive the CEL is regulated by the EPA. Wikipedia link below is a pretty good description including a picture of the dash display.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Malfun...indicator_lamp

MAF = Mass Airflow Sensor. It measures the amount of air coming into the intake system, feeds that info to the ECU (Engine Control Unit; the computer that runs the engine), which adjusts fuel, boost, etc, etc to make the engine run properly.

If it continues not to start, you will need to get a code reader (VCDS) to figure out what is wrong. Note that the EPC (Electronic Power Control) will be on until the car is running. Once it is running, it should go out, so it may be normal that the light is on if it won't start. That light on VW / Audi is similar to the CEL indicating an issue with the engine.

Last edited by lyleswk; 08-25-2015 at 06:10 AM.