A4 (B6 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B6 Audi A4 produced from 2002-2005

my Audi A4 nightmare in North Miami Audi Svc Dept.

Old 12-18-2014, 01:39 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default my Audi A4 nightmare in North Miami Audi Svc Dept.

Hey guys I have been reading this forum for weeks. I have a long story so I will just copy and paste my most recent email to Audi corporate.

About me: 3 weeks ago I purchased a Audi A4 Quattro that looks, runs, and smells brand new. It has 140,000 miles mainly highway use. Clean carfax, and car was inspected and coolant chamber and water pump was replaced as a result. Other than that you could literally eat off the engine and I have pictures. Best drive ever... and I owned C-class mercedes, and older 740 BMW.

Here is my story:

Good afternoon; my name is Andre Pierre JR and I have been trying to get a response from Audi corporate office for days now. This will be my 3rd complaint that I have made with Audi in regards to my 2009 Audi A4 Quattro and the class action law suit relating to the nationwide oil consumption crisis affecting over 120,000 Audi customers.

All complaints made at Prestige Imports North Miami with Diana Giraldo and Grant Johnson have been ignored and responded with a service bill of over $5,400 in repairs.

I also have GRANT JOHNSON on a recorded phone call with VERY DESPICABLE business tactics and answers to my questions. Is this how the famous AUDI treats their customers? Especially after admitting to selling 126,000 DEFECTIVE ENGINES in their recent settlement.

I am sending this email to every local news station and newspaper and I already have hired an attorney for a consultation tomorrow morning.

I also requested a meeting with Channel 7's Patrick Fraser and Howard Finkelstein to play the recording of GRANT JOHNSON.

Please read all previous emails below.

Thank you;

------------------------------------------------------

Help me HOWARD and PATRICK;

I recently purchased an Audi A4 Quattro and the car is a dream; however, my life is now a nightmare. Let me start off with the car runs perfect, and I have my own Audi mechanic who recently inspected the car and replaced a coolant chamber and water pump as a result. Other than some minor wear and tear on the steering wheel belt the car was in perfect condition.

My only problem was the oil consumption was so high that I had to add 1 QT synthetic oil every 300 - 400 miles. I searched for Audi oil consumption and found out that approximately 126,000 2.0 liter turbocharged engines were affected nationwide and Audi / Volkswagen group of America recently settled a class action law suit regarding this problem. Meanwhile hundreds of horror stories all over the internet with the same keywords on how customers have been getting ripped off by Audi service departments nationwide.

Funny thing is I did research on the car before I purchased it and saw it had a clean carfax, and very manageable repairs (known problems). No mention of these horrible customer experiences because it only affected about 120,000 Americans. Many who just paid over $4,000 in repairs or was able to get it covered under original warranty.

Results for “Audi A4 known problems”

https://www.google.com/search?q=audi...utf-8&oe=utf-8

That left a small percentage of 2nd owners like me dealing with a major headache shortly after making LARGE DEPOSITS to even purchase the car. I am a web designer/online marketing consultant and recently joined Uber transportation services and was the main reason I purchased the car. I figured I make enough money to afford a high end vehicle, and wanted an Audi because of their reputation that most of their engines are built to last till 300,000 miles and more.

I wanted Howard to expose this case because many people will be buying these cars after many owners gave up on them due to original oil consumption problem that Audi now owns up to. Furthermore the new owners like myself will visit Audi dealers seeking service for oil consumption and up with a car that DOES NOT WORK AT ALL and a bill for $5,486.87.

I was told by Diana Giraldo at Prestige Imports/ Audi (North Miami) that my car had 3 oil leaks and not an oil consumption problem. I was also told by her service manager that the class action suit had not been settled yet, and even when it is settled that my car has over 80,000 and would not be eligible for service adjustment. Grant Johnson (service director) told me the case had been settled in California and nationwide settlement would not happen until January or February.

Class action law suit:

Audi and Volkswagen Excessive Oil Consumption Class Action Settlement | Class Actions Settlement

Audi, Volkswagen Agree to Settlement, Including $2.3M in Attorney Fees

Settlement Document:
http://2015media.com/2014/AlivVolkswagen.pdf

On 12/17/2014 I was charged $113 for an oil change and giving an “action plan” that suggested I make $4,600 worth of repairs to my car. They also said I needed to fix 3 oil leaks that cost $1,500 in order for them to do the free oil consumption test and begin to “address” the oil consumption issue. My mechanic quoted me $350 for the same repairs over the phone, and said “if you really need it” and laughed. I knew he was implying that the service departments at Audi dealerships have a reputation of lying to their customers.

Day 1 Estimate on 12/17/2014 shows $4,600 worth of repairs. Somehow they tested everything down to my windshield wipers but did not test my alternator or spark plugs.

http://2015media.com/2014/action_plan%28Day1%29.pdf

I then left the dealer and took the report to my mechanic and car dealer. I had to go to work and a very important meeting and left Hollywood, Fl and went to South Beach.

Before I can reach to South Beach my car began to break down on the highway and I was almost killed by traffic. The car lost power and began to give many error messages. I was able to get off the Brickell Avenue exit and stay in the middle of the turning lane for 40 minutes while I wait for tow truck. I couldn’t even get out the car due to traffic.

The car was jump started but would not even drive when it went into gear. The engine just reved up and it did nothing. All the headlights and interior lights were going on and off and the car had to be towed back to Audi dealer.

The next morning Audi service department calls me and says my car needs $5,400 worth of repairs now, or at least $1,175.02 to replace the Alternator and Spark Plugs.

Day 2 Estimate on 12/18/2014 shows $5,400 worth of repairs and this time it does show a failed test for my alternator and spark plugs worth an additional $1,175.02 in repairs.

http://2015media.com/2014/action_plan%28Day2%29.pdf

HELP ME HOWARD and PATRICK!

I love my car and I noticed it did not drive the same after I left the dealer. It was vibrating at the red light and my car NEVER did that because I know the previous owners. This car has a lot of mileage but always drives, looks, and smells, brand new. The worst thing is I am losing money from my part time Uber job and most likely will lose my biggest client for the new year because of the meeting I missed yesterday at South Beach.

With no car I cannot pay make any money and my life will be down the drain. I have rent payments, car notes, insurance, and still owe the dealer money for the initial deposit.

I also have recorded conversation with GRANT JOHNSON service director of Audi that you have to hear!! I just did this after typing this email and I have him saying that I am not eligible for class action service adjustment because I am not in the State of California and I have over 80,000 miles. He also did not know why spark plugs were not tested yesterday but failed the test today and when I told him I was recording the conversation he got defensive and said “well you do know since you did not inform me that this conversation was being recorded it is inadmissible.”

Please help! They ignore all my complaints and are holding my car. I don’t know if it is because I am young, black, or what! But they are just ignoring all my complaints. They now say I must fix the Alternator and I can get my car back but how can an alternator go in just 2 hours of driving without any previous signs. Not to mention how many times the car had been inspected between December 4th and December 17th (3 times), how come they never suggested replacing the alternator?

I have also sent copies of my complaints to the corporate offices and CEO of Audi America and no response. Just the same Diana Giraldo that I originally made a complaint against who lied to me and said she forwarded my email to the service director, but Grant Johnson admitted he never received my initial complaint.

Below are emails sent to Audi.

Please call me

Andre Pierre JR

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

LETTERS SENT TO AUDI SERVICE DIRECTOR GRANT JOHNSON:

Good morning Grant, this is an excerpt from an email I sent to Audi service dept.:

As of October 2014 Audi has settled a class-action law suit to correct the oil consumption problem on 2009 Audi A4 Quattro; however, your staff was completely ignorantto the problem when I called and made the appointment last week. Not only did I have to wait over 5 days for my appointment but when I arrived to Audi I was treated horribly. I was told to wait for Diana Giraldo, which I did for another 30 minutes (even though I had to rush through traffic so I can be on time for our 10:00 am appointment), and then I had to go looking for her twice after waiting so long and she still had no idea who I was or why I was waiting.

Furthermore I am a business owner. At my business the CUSTOMER is ALWAYS RIGHT! So please explain to me why I had a conversation with Alberto Reyes who challenged my opinion that your Audi phone reps should be knowledgeable of a worldwide problem Audi has had for 3 years. I did not appreciate his response nor his condescending attitude.

Thankfully Audi has settled the class-action law suit and decided to do the right thing. According to the settlement:

Service Adjustment for Current Owners or Lessees: Subject to proof, all Class Members who are current owners or lessees of Settlement Class Vehicles(1) and who did not previously receive a Service Adjustment (defined below) will be entitled to: (1) a replacement of the crankcase pressure regulating valve, front crankshaft seal and front crankshaft bolt, and (2) updating of the Engine Control Module software to match the new part(s) (this service will be called a “Service Adjustment”). This Service Adjustment is designed to reduce Class Members’ excessive oil consumption issues and will be performed on their Settlement Class Vehicles, free of charge, by an authorized Audi dealer, so long as an appointment is scheduled within eighteen months of the Class Notice date.

(1) Settlement Class Vehicle of Class Vehicle refers to any 2009 model year Audi A4 vehicle, 2010 model year Audi A4 and A5 vehicle, or 2011 model year Audi A4, Audi A5, and Audi Q5, originally equipped with a factory-installed 2.0 liter TFSI longitudinal engine bearing Audi internal engine code CAEB, imported and distributed by Defendant Volkswagen Group of America, Inc., for sale or lease in the United States of America or Puerto Rico. (Settlement Agreement § 1.G.)'

----------------------------------------------------------------------

This is what I expected to hear from Audi yesterday. Please explain why your Audi reps told me that if I had over 80,000 miles I would not be covered with this service adjustment. The settlement only mentions a mileage limit in regards to EXTENDING the warranty. I also attached a copy of the SETTLEMENT.

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Audi response to me:

Andre Pierre,

Please see the attached report. You may contact me at (305) 947-1000 or e-mail me at dgiraldo@prestigeimports.com if you have any questions. Thank you for the opportunity to service your vehicle.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Along with a phone call and an explanation on why receptionist did not know about a worldwide Audi oil consumption problem.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

When I went to pick up my car Audi charged me $115 for oil change and did not charge me for a full inspection which showed my car needed over $4,000 in total for suggested repairs/ replacements; and that $1,500 out of that was required to fix 3 oil leaks before they can begin to address the oil consumption problem. I was also told by Diana Giraldo that my car did not have an oil consumption problem, just an oil leak. Funny because I never seen oil in my driveway or under the hood.

My Audi mechanic has already sent an estimate that he will charge $350 total to repair oil pan leak and/or gasket leak rather than there suggested $1,500 from Audi. I took their report and left with my car and drove to dealership I purchased from and gave them and their mechanic copies of everything. After I left for a big meeting I was right about to exit I95 to go to South Beach and my car started giving warnings and error messages. I can't remember exactly what it said but I saw ABS brake error, EPS error, battery light (warning), and also parking break light flashing, as well as interior lights going on and off, and headlights not working at all. I was stranded on the off ramp of I-95, nearly killed 3 times by traffic.

While I was stranded on off ramp of highway, the car started shaking and 1 minute later the car completely stalled out and wouldn't start back up. The tow truck company tried to give it a jump start but the car had major electronic problems with lights going on and off, headlights not working, and what was worst is the car would not move at all when I put it in drive, the engine just reved up.

I had the car towed back to Audi dealer and the service director Grant called me at 7:30pm to tell me they will be inspecting my car first thing in the morning.

I will be emailing reports from mechanic who recently replaced a coolant chamber and water pump that Audi dealer messed up because that was replaced by Audi but installed incorrectly per my mechanic and why that same part failed 1 year later. During that time 1 week ago he did a full inspection of the car and gave the dealer a report that the car was in PERFECT condition.

I will be sending more documents to you from my mechanic and also the dealer that I purchased it from. I also attached my Tow Truck invoice because I would like to be reimbursed. I would like my car to be running in perfect condition as it was 2 days ago. The only issue my car ever had was a little wear and tear on steering wheel that I could only feel when it is cold and I am in reverse and turn the steering wheel all the way. Passenger door sensor not working as well as key not working properly. Along with the 3 oil leaks Audi found. Other than that I have documentation from my mechanic showing the car was in perfect condition.

Thank you.
Old 12-18-2014, 09:09 PM
AudiWorld Member

I'm sad that you had to go through all of this, but welcome to the club of lying service managers that want to screw everybody and make you regret buying your car. There is a similar situation on a Facebook group called- Audi Club of North America- where a guy owning 09 A4 has the same problem and went through what you have gone but he is filing a lawsuit also. So I'm glad that you will make it more popular and hope you will get your right . Thanks for sharing
Old 12-19-2014, 04:32 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Wow, heavy first post!
Sorry this has happened to you, though the breakdown doesn't necessarily sound related to the oil consumption issue... You need to know exactly why the car stopped to know if there's a case to answer.
Audi seem to think its electrical if they're blaming the alternator.
Did it have plenty of oil in it during that drive, or when it broke down? The fact the engine still turns over says it hasn't seized.
If the engine has oil leaks, you need to rule them out as the source of oil consumption before blaming consumption through combustion - and you need to ask why the previous owner did nothing about it...

I've said this before though, complaints don't tend to work well on an enthusiasts forum, and I'm not sure exactly what you expect any of us to do beyond empathise or offer advice.
Also, a 2009 model would be a B8 chassis and you've posted this in the B6 (2002-2005) forum...
Old 12-19-2014, 04:33 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by amkmeco90
I'm sad that you had to go through all of this, but welcome to the club of lying service managers that want to screw everybody and make you regret buying your car. There is a similar situation on a Facebook group called- Audi Club of North America- where a guy owning 09 A4 has the same problem and went through what you have gone but he is filing a lawsuit also. So I'm glad that you will make it more popular and hope you will get your right . Thanks for sharing
Thank you so much... I was at a party when I saw your reply and had a big smile... it feels good to know you don't have to suffer alone!

PLEASE listen to this audio of service manager... can you count how many times he lied to me: http://2015media.com/2014/grant_john...phone_call.mp3
Old 12-19-2014, 07:31 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I am curious to know if you opened the hood and inspect the engine bay meticulously before you bought the car. It sounds like you have a level 3 oil leak at the timing cover and at the oil pan. That might be the reason you're losing oil? Do you smell or see oil burning at the exhaust manifold, dripping onto the sound baffle (or in some severe cases onto the floor)? Do you see blue smoke coming from the exhaust pipes?

--------------
REPLACE FRONT UPPER TIMING CHAIN COVER
(UPPER TIMING CHAIN COVER LEAKING OIL) Fail $432.50

REPLACE LOWER TIMING CHAIN COVER GASKET
(LOWER TIMING CHAIN COVER LEAKING OIL) Fail $534.00

Replace oil pan gasket (Found engine oil leak) x Fail $534.00
--------------

Anyway, I think $189.95 for a brake fluid flush/bleed is expensive and $342.00 just for rear pad is too much!!! (I guess the newer A4 need VCDS to release the parking brake but still...)

Originally Posted by inhousemedia
He said Alternators and Spark Plugs are not tested. Right here on a certified pre owner checklist they show testing for Alternator and Battery.
http://2015media.com/2014/audi_checklist.pdf
Are you saying that you bought this car which is certified by Audi? wow...

Last edited by Metronet; 12-19-2014 at 08:02 AM.
Old 12-19-2014, 12:12 PM
AudiWorld Member

Thank you so much... I was at a party when I saw your reply and had a big smile... it feels good to know you don't have to suffer alone!

PLEASE listen to this audio of service manager... can you count how many times he lied to me: http://2015media.com/2014/grant_john...phone_call.mp3
After listening to the conversation, I wasn't surprised for all this lying. I think it's their plan to lie in order to cover someone's fault without feeling shame. It's business unfortunately and there is no mercy in it. I liked when you told him that you are recording this conversation and immediately he told you that what he has said is before that is irrelevant. I think at this moment he was telling the truth for sure, because it doesn't make any sense that the dealer doesn't have spark plugs. So what do they have, coffee and vending machines .
Anyhow, I'm not experienced in car mechanics and I'm just discussing the why they behave. You could be wrong but they doesn't want to make it clear and discuss it honestly.

And if you don't mind, move that thread to the B8 section as this could be contagious and infects our lovely B6 . Thanks for sharing
Old 12-20-2014, 08:41 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by amkmeco90
And if you don't mind, move that thread to the B8 section as this could be contagious and infects our lovely B6 . Thanks for sharing
I would move it if I could... but this will be my last time posting on this site anyway... check this out . I found a good list of corporate emails and sent them these 2 recordings.

DISCRIMINATION COMPLAINT filed against Prestige Imports Audi (North Miami, FL)

To Whom It May Concern:

I apologize in advance if this email has reached you in error, but I wanted Audi’s corporate staff to listen to the following phone calls I recorded with 2 different Audi authorized dealers. I would like an explanation on why I have been discriminated against by Prestige Imports authorized Audi dealer in North Miami, Florida.

I also want to file a poor workmanship complaint on Prestige Imports Audi service department. My car was inspected on December 17th 2014, and the alternator, spark plugs, and car battery were not tested. I also want to know how my car could break down while driving on the highway on December 17th just hours after an inspection; due to a failed alternator with no previous warnings, or sensors indicating a problem with alternator and car battery.

Please listen to the explanation by Prestige Imports service manager Grant Johnson. Please also pay attention to the way I am treated by him and the receptionist. http://www.2015media.com/2014/audi_p...mi_dec20th.mp3

I also want to file a discrimination complaint because of the following phone call. Please pay attention to the difference in treatment by the receptionist and service rep at Audi Coral Springs. This is the type of service that I am accustomed to being the former owner of a Mercedes Benz C class. This is the treatment that I expected from ALL authorized Audi dealers. Please also note that this service agent agrees that the alternator is tested during a courtesy inspection and according to Audi's inspection checklist. He also states Audi cars are built to last, and an alternator doesn’t just fail without sufficient warnings.

http://www.2015media.com/2014/audi_coral_springs.mp3
Old 12-20-2014, 08:46 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by twentysevenlitres
Also, a 2009 model would be a B8 chassis and you've posted this in the B6 (2002-2005) forum...
Thanks for that info! people just kept saying move your post... and I'm like b6, b8 ??? I'm a computer nerd... to me cars are as foreign as their manufacturers but now I know!
Old 12-20-2014, 10:07 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

I have a question about all this...
Don't used cars in America have some sort of statutory warranty when sold via a licenced car yard (or in your case a dealership)?
Over here we get a mandatory 3 months warranty, which would make the alternator, spark plugs and battery a warranty issue.

It seems from the posts that hours after making a car purchase, the OP has had a break down which would become the dealers problem.

I don't necessarily buy into the oil consumption issue, as the engine has leaks. Until the leaks are fixed, you can't be sure there is a consumption issue.
However, if the car was inspected and found to have leaks, they should have been repaired prior to sale (same with any electrical problems).

What's the consumer protection like over there?
Over here, we would first off make a warranty claim to get the car repaired into a fit state for nothing. Failing that, we get consumer affairs or the relevant ombudsman involved.

Last edited by twentysevenlitres; 12-20-2014 at 10:10 PM.
Old 12-21-2014, 08:57 PM
AudiWorld Member

Thanks for that info! people just kept saying move your post... and I'm like b6, b8 ??? I'm a computer nerd... to me cars are as foreign as their manufacturers but now I know!
The only reason to move your thread is to inform similar owners, who are more prone for such a problem. Though I own a different chassis but I'm following each post as I want to see how AoA will handle this because most of us, IMO, had faced such attitudes from one dealer or more. I don't know if they punish us for owning an expensive vehicle and just want to rip us off or what. Unfortunately, I didn't own except german cars so I don't know how other automaker dealers treat their new or LOYAL customers. Please keep us updated with the outcome.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: my Audi A4 nightmare in North Miami Audi Svc Dept.