A4 (B6 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B6 Audi A4 produced from 2002-2005

Mystery: Front Lower Valance

Search this Thread

Old 07-26-2015, 07:03 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Mystery: Front Lower Valance

Hi everyone, I'm new to the Audi world but I have a very confusing situation. I have a 2005 Audi A4 Quattro. 1.8 "sport package". I recently bought a "front lower valance" from ebay that seemed to fit my criteria. Well, it didn't fit. A closer look and I saw that the ad said...."for 2nd generation only". And then it said something to the effect that it wasn't for "sports package models". Now the lady I bought the car from showed me the sports package as being this little door in the middle of the back seat that opened up, leading to the trunk, so that a person could slide their ski's through it. I know, it sounds.....well....ridiculous but that what she said. Can anyone tell me which type of front lower valance would fit my car or would happen to know the part number of an aftermarket valance that would fit. I've been goin' NUTZ tryin to figure this out. Even talked to a tech at some after-market shop that couldn't give me an answer.....a tech.....can you believe it? Any help would be most appreciated. Thank you Cheers!
Old 07-27-2015, 05:53 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 35 Likes on 35 Posts

First off, all A4's have the ski slide through, so that doesn't mean sport. Sport or S-line have lower suspensions and stiffer dampers / shocks. You can tell if you have a sport by looking at the damper / shocks and if they are reddish, you have a sport.

As far as buying anything from e-bay, my only advice is buyer beware. Just reading around several forums, there seems to be a 50% or less satisfaction, especially with body parts. Who knows what the seller was referring to when he said sport unless it is a USP. The stock and sport models should have interchangeable bumper parts.