A4 (B6 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B6 Audi A4 produced from 2002-2005

Passenger HID issues

Old 01-25-2016, 10:46 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Passenger HID issues

I recently got in my audi and was met by the "you have a light out" symbol. yay... so hopped out and walked around and noticed it was my passenger low beam (dipped?) headlight. Great. Trip to oreilly's and a lot of money for a new bulb. put it in and... nothing. (and the old bulb didn't look bad either really.)

I have found several posts here and on another forum but it seems that whoever has the problem is so excited its fixed that they forgot to tell the rest of us pour souls their magic secret. I have looked through the fuze box only to find there has never been a fuse for either headlight in there. I have seen several people post about a relay but to no avail. Does anyone know the solution and would you be so kind as to share??? I have another vehicle to drive so I wont be stranded at night but i would like it fixed. I am hoping its not grounding out somewhere because chasing wires far from my favorite thing to do... seriously though any help would be greatly appreciated

TL,DR: Headlight is out and new bulb didnt fix it. neither did fuse as there isn't one to replace
Old 01-29-2016, 03:17 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Anyone?
Old 01-29-2016, 07:17 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

I have not experienced this problem so I can't offer direct help.

The standard response to your query is to ask if you scanned the car for codes. If there is a related code it would likely help you determine the cause of your headlight problem.

Others on this and other forums have had issues with the ballasts. Perhaps you could try swapping the ballasts between the driver and passenger sides and see if the problem follows the ballast. I have never worked on a ballast so I can't offer any advice on that. I suggest you search the Audi forums for posts related to headlight ballasts.

Good luck.
Old 01-30-2016, 06:57 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Thanks for the reply! That was actually my plans for the morning. I hope it works and I don't have to go chase down wires. I have read a few people post about loose connections at the stalk too. we will see