A4 (B6 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B6 Audi A4 produced from 2002-2005

Please help! recurring issue.

Old 12-07-2016, 07:42 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Please help! recurring issue.

So I have been having a few recurring issues lately. My car knowledge is very minimal so I am trying to reach out to you Audi professionals in hopes somebody can have a helpful answer for me... 2006 A4 2.0T Quattro

#1 is that I have a camshaft bank 3 engine code on the dash. This is something I had the sensor replaced on last year but the code came back on a few months later. Any reasons why it would continue to come on?

#2 Coil packs 2,3 have a tendency to just decide to go whenever they want sometimes. Normally when I hit the gas to hurry in traffic or if I want to speed around a slower car in front of me they'll just go. Usually just get a new one and swap it out. 1 and 4 are Audi branded but 2,3 are duralast aftermarket. Can it be because they all aren't Audi coils that its an issue?

And finally, ONLY when the weather is cold do I have this issue where the car starts funny. If the car has been sitting because I was at work or when I wake up to go to work and start the car it'll start with a real low and rough idle. IF I shut off and turn back on multiple times the RPMs will jump and idle just fine. Sometime too when I go to pull out of my driveway or from a traffic light it'll just randomly stall out. And lastly when driving I notice how it'll kind of jerk a little like its losing power. But it'll do it a few times, not all the time and these are only issues when the temperature outside is cold.

Are all of these issues related or can some be solved by fixing another? HELP PLEASE
Old 12-08-2016, 06:52 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 35 Likes on 35 Posts

You actually have a B7 and there is a different forum for you version of the A4. That aside, some thoughts...

1) Not sure what you mean by cam bank 3 code on the dash; do you mean the CEL? In any case, if the sensor didn't fix it and it was a high quality Audi sensor, it may be the wiring to it. Would take some troubleshooting to diagnose.

2) It isw not because you have a mix of parts, it is because duralast are not as high quality parts. I would not use aftermarket parts, so if the issue really is your coilpacks, get Audi OEM parts.

3) Could be any number of issues. Address the 2 above and see what happens.
Old 12-08-2016, 07:25 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by lyleswk
You actually have a B7 and there is a different forum for you version of the A4. That aside, some thoughts...

1) Not sure what you mean by cam bank 3 code on the dash; do you mean the CEL? In any case, if the sensor didn't fix it and it was a high quality Audi sensor, it may be the wiring to it. Would take some troubleshooting to diagnose.

2) It isw not because you have a mix of parts, it is because duralast are not as high quality parts. I would not use aftermarket parts, so if the issue really is your coilpacks, get Audi OEM parts.

3) Could be any number of issues. Address the 2 above and see what happens.
oh OK. sorry about the mix up. I was told the 06' was the last of the B6 models. but I'm going to order all Audi packs from Amazon and pop em in this weekend and see if that makes a difference then I'll take a look at the CEL afterwards. thanks!
Old 12-08-2016, 08:09 AM
Former Vendor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Rogalski_Jared
oh OK. sorry about the mix up. I was told the 06' was the last of the B6 models. but I'm going to order all Audi packs from Amazon and pop em in this weekend and see if that makes a difference then I'll take a look at the CEL afterwards. thanks!
If you want you can order the coils from me at audionlineparts.com and save on the shipping! Free shipping for audiworld users using promo code "audiworld" I probably have them in stock and can get them to you asap for a quick weekend DIY. Most of your problem (except the cam code) sound like an aftermarket coil issue. Definitely stick with OEM with things like that. Let me know if you need anything else and id be more than happy to assist you!

Thanks!
Old 12-08-2016, 09:51 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by audionlineparts
If you want you can order the coils from me at audionlineparts.com and save on the shipping! Free shipping for audiworld users using promo code "audiworld" I probably have them in stock and can get them to you asap for a quick weekend DIY. Most of your problem (except the cam code) sound like an aftermarket coil issue. Definitely stick with OEM with things like that. Let me know if you need anything else and id be more than happy to assist you!

Thanks!

Awesome! Thank you. I will be using that and purchasing them this morning! thanks again.
Old 12-09-2016, 08:13 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

That code isn't working for free shipping. it's still saying $13.61for ground shipping
Old 12-09-2016, 08:15 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by audionlineparts

Thanks!
that code doesn't seem to work. still wants to charge me for ground shipping says pick up is free. is there a local audionline store in Rochester NY?
Old 12-12-2016, 06:04 AM
Former Vendor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Rogalski_Jared
that code doesn't seem to work. still wants to charge me for ground shipping says pick up is free. is there a local audionline store in Rochester NY?
We are based in New Jersey and there is only 1 of us! promo code is AUDIWORLD all caps? Should definitely work. Had another order with a different user place an order over the weekend and it worked. If it does just select customer pick up and put a not on it that you are from AudiWorld!
Old 12-19-2016, 11:20 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

My coil packs have been going in and out for a long time to the point it ruined my catalytic converter. A few years back, Audi had recall and they replaced all my coil packs with new ones and since then, I've never had a problem.
Old 12-19-2016, 12:26 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by ShakesterB6
My coil packs have been going in and out for a long time to the point it ruined my catalytic converter. A few years back, Audi had recall and they replaced all my coil packs with new ones and since then, I've never had a problem.

wow, hopefully mines still in tact. waiting for my new ones to come ordered the newest rev of coil packs so hopefully like you mine will stop as well. do you know the part number for those coils by any chance?

Search this Thread