A4 (B6 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B6 Audi A4 produced from 2002-2005

Restting the computer

Search this Thread

Old 09-24-2015, 01:31 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Restting the computer

I have things going on in my car (04 A4) that someone told me that resetting the computer would clear out the settings from previous owner. Does anyone know the procedure ?

Last edited by pymagnet; 09-24-2015 at 01:42 AM. Reason: wrong question
Old 09-24-2015, 03:44 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 382 Likes on 344 Posts

What settings from the previous owner are you trying to clear out?
Old 09-25-2015, 04:10 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by uberwgn
What settings from the previous owner are you trying to clear out?
Ok several things have happened and Im guessing it was an option that was set by the previous owner.( no owners manual )
1. Sunroof was tilted open while driving. After parking, I locked vehicle by the remote. Came back 10 mins later and it was closed. This happened a few times and I cant figure out why. One time while driving, im not sure what I touched or how the temp settings were, but the sunroof automatically closed on its own.
2. I see the DRL symbol on the headlight switch, but when the switch is in that position, only the corner amber lights come on, and stay on. On my Nissan, DRL only come on in dark places.
3. I have rear fog in the drivers tail light. How or can it be turned off or does it come on with the tail lights? I was going to remove the bulb, kinda looks off to me with only 1 rear fog!
4. Sometimes when I first get into the car, the drivers seat starts to re position itself automatically.
5. The other day I started the car, walked across the street to get something from my truck. Came back and the AC was on. I always shut everything off before I park( its a ritual ). No, no one else drives the car but me!

Last edited by pymagnet; 09-26-2015 at 02:54 AM. Reason: want to add
Old 09-26-2015, 02:57 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Also 1 other thing. Does Audi have the feature that once u go over a certain mph the doors lock? And when u put it in park the doors un lock?
Once again no owners manual, having a hellava time finding one...
Old 09-28-2015, 06:14 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 35 Likes on 35 Posts

1) The issue with your sunroof is more likely an issue with the sun roof switch. It should only move when you command it to. Link below for some info.

:: a4mods.com :: - The Premiere Audi A4 Modification Guide and Pictures Library

2) The switch does not have a DRL position (DRL = dim headlights). It has 3 rotary positions: a) off, b) all lights but headlights, i.e. running lights but no headlights, and c) all lights on. So, it sounds like it is working properly. There is a DRL option (dim headlights), but it has to be programmed using a VAGCOM and was only active off the lot in Canada for North America B6's.

3) Your headlight switch also has 2 Pull positions once it is in the all lights on position: one click and you get front fogs (if you have them). Two clicks and you get the rear fog which is only on the left taillight. If it's on without pulling 2 clicks, you have an issue. Oh, and only turn it on if you are really in foggy conditions; it's very confusing to drivers behind you if it's clear weather.

4) Assume it has memory seats? If so, it is moving to the seat position it thinks belongs to the key. Set the seat where you want it, push the MEMO (memory) button on the door and you unlock button at the same time for about 2 seconds.

5) No clue on that one. Never had mine turn on by itself. but, what do you mean you turn it off completely. Just the fan or do you push the "-" symbol until all the lights go out?

Last edited by lyleswk; 09-28-2015 at 06:21 AM.
Old 09-29-2015, 01:09 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Ok the sunroof will take some looking into.
Yesterday I went thru the cycles on the head light switch. Just as u said with exception that once all lights are on, 1 pull out of the switch does nothing. 2 pulls of the switch activates front fogs along with the rear fog. As you mentioned it can be annoying to other drivers so this weekend I will remove the bulb.Besides im not to fond of the idea of 1 rear fog anyway !
The seats doesn't have a memory button(that would be a red button if im correct). So being that it doesn't happen that often im going to leave it for now. I don't want to start any electrical projects or should I say open a can of worms, lol !
And lastly, I mean completely off, meaning pressing the off button !

Last edited by pymagnet; 09-29-2015 at 01:13 AM. Reason: adding info
Old 09-29-2015, 05:45 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 35 Likes on 35 Posts

3) Sounds like your switch has a small problem. So, you have 2 choices: a) replace the switch (expensive) or b) as you said, remove the bulb from the rear light cluster...that's what I would do unless you have lots of fog in your area.

4) The memory buttons (Stop, Memo, 1, 2, 3, and 4) are on the door at the front of the map case about a foot below your window switches. No idea what color they are, but doubt your set would move by itself unless you have memory seats.

5) There is no "OFF" button on either of mine. The only way to turn it off is to repeatedly push the "-" button.
Old 09-29-2015, 03:17 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Ok figured out the head light situation.
1 Click to the right, turns on park lights/ corner amber lights.
2nd Click to the right turns on all lights
Pull out once turns on front fogs
2nd pull out turns on rear fog
I'll take pics of the door and console so this way u guys can see what im referring to.