A4 (B6 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B6 Audi A4 produced from 2002-2005

Windshield washer hose broke - oh noes!

Search this Thread

Old 05-14-2009, 08:16 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Windshield washer hose broke - oh noes!

my washer hose has broken at the corner where the hose connects to the hood. I have access to both ends and could patch it if I had a clue how to reconnect the broken hose ends together.

/begin rant
If only Audi used standard washer hose/tubing (the rubbery kind) and not the hard ribbed (for no one's pleasure) kind - it would be easy to get a coupler and reconnect. That said, if it weren't the hard kind of hose, it probably wouldn't have broken in the first place.
/end rant
Old 05-14-2009, 09:46 PM
AudiWorld Member

anyone know how to patch this type of hose? is there a type of coupler or patch kit anyone knows of?

Originally Posted by mayzilla
my washer hose has broken at the corner where the hose connects to the hood. I have access to both ends and could patch it if I had a clue how to reconnect the broken hose ends together.

/begin rant
If only Audi used standard washer hose/tubing (the rubbery kind) and not the hard ribbed (for no one's pleasure) kind - it would be easy to get a coupler and reconnect. That said, if it weren't the hard kind of hose, it probably wouldn't have broken in the first place.
/end rant
Old 05-19-2009, 08:17 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

You can still take small rubber or silicone hose and force it over each broken end on the hard plastic. Try to get it to slide on as far as possible. Then you can zip tie to secure even though the connection should be tight enough without. I would use split or some kind of lube to slide the hose over the plastic. Be careful and make sure you don't pull on the hard plastic ends to much cause they can break back even further on you if you are not careful.

I think I responded to this same message on AZ a week or so ago. Not sure if this is the same person or not...
Old 03-04-2015, 10:41 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

I have the same problem does anyone have experience buying and installing a new hose?
Old 03-05-2015, 07:43 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 35 Likes on 35 Posts

Originally Posted by ARice84
I have the same problem does anyone have experience buying and installing a new hose?
No experience on my Audi, so don't know what kind of connection it has, but on my 84 300ZX turbo, I simply removed the hose, took to a local car part place, purchased that length of generic hose, and replaced. It had very simple press on installation.