A4 (B6 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B6 Audi A4 produced from 2002-2005

Wipers won't stop cycling!!!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 08-12-2014, 12:58 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Wipers won't stop cycling!!!!!!!

I have an 04 B6 quattro and during the last rain storm my wipers would not stop cycling. With the wiper switch in the off position, the wiper continue to cycle. I replaced the wiper motor with no luck. Purchased a wiper swith and I think I bought the wrong one. With the replacement switch mounted the wipers still cycle and no directionals, or headlights. re-installed the original wiper switch lights and directional work, but the wipers still cycle and the wiper fluid wouldn't dispense.

I removed the fuse a way t control the wipers.. When the OEM switch was removed the following numbers were on the side....
4E9 953 503B - I'm assuming this is the part ?
CZ KL0 01 2046 02 - Whats is this number ?
06.12.03.09- What is this number ?

Is the wiper switch still the cause? What else should I look for?

Thanks in advance
Mark
Attached Images  

Last edited by woodysb6; 08-12-2014 at 02:27 PM.
Old 08-13-2014, 11:52 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

I'm suprised that out of 59 views no one has any input.
Old 08-14-2014, 06:39 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 35 Likes on 35 Posts

I started to respond but didn't because I didn't know where to point you.

When I read "after a heavy rain, my _________ wouldn't turn off / work", I immediately think water intrusion on a relay shorting it out. But, I have no idea where the relay for the wipers is.
Old 08-14-2014, 11:21 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Im going to say the wiper relay has stuck and keeps powering the wipers. I think its in the relay panel under the driver kick panel ill have to look.
Old 08-16-2014, 07:01 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Update:: Replaced the wiper switch stock, no change. Replaced the relay, no change, replaced the wiper motor, no change.

I have no choice but to make an appoinment and get my a$$ handed to me over this ever so frustrating issue. Make's me wonder what else will go wrong.
Old 08-19-2014, 10:56 PM
AudiWorld Member

Hi. The wipers are powered by a component called the Onboard Power Supply Control Unit. It powers the lights, wipers, horn and other circuits.
It is located up under the drivers side under dash trim panel and is a square and flat in shape Given it's location it is possible water ingress may have caused ifs failure, however not necessarily as they do occasionally go wrong.
I used to work as an Audi Tech so have a bit of experience with these. Hope this helps.
Old 08-26-2014, 01:57 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Default wipers

Originally Posted by gsjohal
Hi. The wipers are powered by a component called the Onboard Power Supply Control Unit. It powers the lights, wipers, horn and other circuits.
It is located up under the drivers side under dash trim panel and is a square and flat in shape Given it's location it is possible water ingress may have caused ifs failure, however not necessarily as they do occasionally go wrong.
I used to work as an Audi Tech so have a bit of experience with these. Hope this helps.
Thanks for the information. Do you know of a website that I could locate the part number?
Thanks
Mark
Old 09-09-2014, 03:32 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Many thanks to gsjohal for suggesting theOnborad Power Supply Control Unit...that fixed the continous cycling. One issue that has occured is the wipes don't return to the start point. They end about 25% above the start point. Can a VAG connection adjust the timing? When the car is off I can manually return the wipers to the start position.
Many thanks gsjohal!
regards,
Mark
Old 09-09-2014, 03:38 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

The part number for the Onboard Power Supply Control Unit for my B6 is 8E0907279F.
I purchased the part from Wolf Auto Parts.
Old 09-10-2014, 04:28 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

What determines the timing of the wiper blades. Is it the Onboard Power Supply Control Unit or the colunm switch? After replacing the OPSCU and starting up the car the wipers jumped to 25% above the bottom of the windshield. When I set the column switch to continious the wipers cycle correctly, top to bottom. When there set to intermitten the stop 25% above the bottom of the windshield. When I shut the wioers off the the wipers end at the 25% point. With the column switch off, I can manually move them to tbe bottom of the widshield.
Any suggestions?

Thanks,
Mark

Last edited by woodysb6; 09-10-2014 at 04:35 AM.

Quick Reply: Wipers won't stop cycling!!!!!!!