A4 (B6 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B6 Audi A4 produced from 2002-2005

Wipers wont stop wiping!

Old 10-04-2014, 07:14 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Wipers wont stop wiping!

I have an 02 a4 an like the title states the wilers wont stop wiping. They cotinue to wipe at a constant speed no matter the position of the stock. Ive replaced the wiper stalk itself, the wiper motor and greased the wiper transmission and nothing has solved my problem. Any advice would be greatly appreciated!
Old 10-06-2014, 12:29 AM
AudiWorld Member

The cause is probably the Onboard power supply control module.
It controls the power supply to certain electrical consumers like indicators, horn, washers, wipers and other circuits. It has probably failed internally or possibly even got wet. To access it, remove the drivers side under dash trim panel and look up. You should see a silver square ecu with multiple connectors on it. There will be a part number on it, however they are coded so the replacement will need to have the same coding input if it isn't already.
Old 05-04-2016, 12:44 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Default Hello

Originally Posted by gsjohal
The cause is probably the Onboard power supply control module.
It controls the power supply to certain electrical consumers like indicators, horn, washers, wipers and other circuits. It has probably failed internally or possibly even got wet. To access it, remove the drivers side under dash trim panel and look up. You should see a silver square ecu with multiple connectors on it. There will be a part number on it, however they are coded so the replacement will need to have the same coding input if it isn't already.

Ok amigo I found the onboard power supply what code needs to be the same as the new one I purchase?? It's for an Audi A4 Quattro 1.8 turbo 2003 its base
Old 05-04-2016, 12:46 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Is it the one that ends in an E?? O is it the one on the bottom??
Old 05-10-2016, 03:24 AM
AudiWorld Member

Hi, the one ending in E is the actual part number, which needs to be the same, but the number I was referring to is the "coding" which can only be read by a diagnostic tester and changed with a tester.
Old 06-01-2022, 06:03 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Originally Posted by gsjohal
Hi, the one ending in E is the actual part number, which needs to be the same, but the number I was referring to is the "coding" which can only be read by a diagnostic tester and changed with a tester.

Hi, my this assembly is burnt (red circle) and I buy another the onboard power supply control module, beside that can you tell me what is this assembly (red circle) that I can buy. Otherwise, other assemblies are fine. thank you
Old 12-28-2022, 02:58 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Default Wiper, horn, signal, lights issue.

So I have had the same issue. I've replaced the wiper stalk (actually all the stalks), the clock spring and the body control module with no luck. Horn stays on when battery is hooked up and wipers won't stop wiping at all. Highbeams not working either. I'm also stumped. I didn't see any burnt wires though...any help would be greatly appreciated.
Old 04-15-2023, 01:24 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Originally Posted by jr rabold
So I have had the same issue. I've replaced the wiper stalk (actually all the stalks), the clock spring and the body control module with no luck. Horn stays on when battery is hooked up and wipers won't stop wiping at all. Highbeams not working either. I'm also stumped. I didn't see any burnt wires though...any help would be greatly appreciated.
Hi Jr, just wondering if you managed to fix this one, I have an A4 with the same issues. Local Audi mechanic are saying to replace the clock sprint.