A4 (B7 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B7 Audi A4 produced from 2005-2008.5

**Don Nguyen | Vinyl roof wrapping, tail light tinting, black out chrome trim install

Old 01-14-2016, 11:47 AM
Former Vendor

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

For this black Audi A6 sedan, I actually went out to his location in Newport Beach / Orange County to do some vinyl work on his vehicle. The owner originally requested to simply have the front grill wrapped in gloss black. However, after blacking out he front grill, he also decided if I was able to black out the chrome on top of the door handles and also the chrome window trim. I didn’t take pictures of the window trim, since the car was in the garage. However, I did take pictures of the door handles, showing the before and after.

Before:

After:

-Don Nguyen

don@wannaberacer.com
Old 01-26-2016, 07:56 PM
Former Vendor

Even though the majority of the cars that I work are newer or brand new, it doesn’t mean that I don’t have some older ones come in to get similar vinyl work done on their cars as well. The owner of this black Audi S8 sedan, which I believe is called the D2 chassis, had me black out the chrome window trim, mid section chrome trim, black out the front upper and lower chrome grills, and lightly tint the head lights. Most of the work done doesn’t really detract away from the factory look of the vehicle to the point where it looks aftermarket. The blacked out trim and lightly tinted lights are subtle enough that I think most people would not think twice that it was added or after market. The owner of this car drove from San Diego to me up in Anaheim Hills / Orange County to have the vinyl car wrap done.

After:

-Don Nguyen

don@wannaberacer.com
Old 02-05-2016, 09:10 AM
Former Vendor

This is quite different from my typical wraps that you see me posting. However, it is still a service that I offer that many probably do not know about. The owner of this older blue Mustang needed to have some cut graphics / decals installed on his lower rocker panel area. The car itself is not a actual GT500, from what I was told, but I don’t know too many details or anything about older Mustangs unfortunately. He brought his car to me in Anaheim Hills / Orange County from Cerritos to have me install the graphics on his car. So for those who have graphics or decals that need to be installed, feel free to contact me with any questions you may have.

Before:

After:

-Don Nguyen

don@wannaberacer.com
Old 02-08-2016, 10:30 PM
Former Vendor

Surprisingly, this is becoming more of a common occurrence, even on fairly new cars (5-7 years old). I used to see this kind of issue more on Hondas and Acuras, but apparently a lot of black BMW E60 5 series have been showing up with similar issues in their paint. This black BMW E60 550 sedan had me wrap the roof of his car in my gloss black vinyl material to help cover up the oxidizing and fading factory paint. The gloss black wrap is a fairly close match to the gloss jet black finish of the BMW’s factory paint, making this a cheaper alternative to having to repaint the whole roof. The owner of this car came out to me in Anaheim Hills / Orange County from Oceanside / San Diego to have the vinyl wrap done on his roof.

Before:

After:

-Don Nguyen

don@wannaberacer.com
Old 02-10-2016, 11:43 AM
Former Vendor

I think a lot of people believe that I only work on local cars, however, I actually have good amount of non-local or out of state customers as well who ship me parts to have wrapped. The most common items that I have people send to me to have wrapped are interior trim pieces.

For this particular non-local customer, they removed and shipped me their interior trim pieces to have me wrap it in the 3M Di noc matte carbon fiber vinyl material. The original finish was wood, which was a bit older and worn out, so the owner wanted to change up the look of his interior and clean it up at the same time. I only took pictures of the larger more complex pieces, just to show the level of detail that is involved in the wraps that I do.

-Don Nguyen

don@wannaberacer.com
Old 02-21-2016, 06:06 PM
Former Vendor

There are Audi owners who prefer chrome on their cars, but there are some Audi owners who would prefer to have the chrome / brushed aluminum window trims on their cars to be black instead. Luckily, there’s the option of vinyl, which is a fairly straight forward easy process to put on, but just as easy to remove or reverse the process if you ever decide to go back to the factory chrome window trim.

For this blue Audi S5 coupe, I went with my gloss black vinyl finish on the chrome window trim pieces, to give it a factory look and to also match the already gloss black wheels that the car had. From a distance, it is harder to tell in pictures if it is matte or gloss black, but in some of the pictures that are closer up, it becomes more noticeable. The owner of this car was from Corona and came out to me in Anaheim Hills / Orange County to have the vinyl car wrap work done.

Before:

After:

-Don Nguyen

don@wannaberacer.com