A4 (B7 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B7 Audi A4 produced from 2005-2008.5

07 A-4 2.0T Oil Consumption problem

Search this Thread

Old 11-26-2016, 06:19 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 07 A-4 2.0T Oil Consumption problem

Hi, I'm new to AudiWorld, but need help with an ongoing issue (post class action lawsuit settlement), I missed out on this lawsuit, but over the last 4-5 years (I've got 82K on it), I've put up with service techs telling us this Audi uses oil, but never writing it in the service ticket. We finally brought it in to do the oil consumption test (as advised by Audi Customer Care), they first had to "fix all visible oil leaks", then monitor consumption after 659-750 miles. I mentioned that it also billows out lots of blue/white exhaust and misfires when to accelerate in highway. They thought and replaced the vacuum pump. That should help if not take care of the oil usage issue. Upon hitting 689 miles on this test, the minimum oil light went on (down 1 quart after 689 miles), and it still misfired and billowed exhaust. That was a waste of $1,900, but brought it back in and w/o flinching, determine that they should replace piston rings, etc., the same repairs that the lawsuit took care of. That would cost an additional $4,000. Audi Customer Care and the dealer said that the $1,900 first repair and phase 1 was accurate, and now I will be responsible for the additional charge. They reduced it by $1,000, but I did not ok the repair. I've spoken and filed a complaint with our states AG, and have read on various blogs that this is common place and Audi settled the suit to avoid a far more costly recall on the vehicles. I'm looking for advice (from owners, attorneys that can get my $1,900 back and repair the engine at Audi''s expense, or share similar experiences), the car us in great shape, but needs an engine rebuild. Consuming 1 quart in less than 1,000 miles is unacceptable. We also never new if the lawsuit because "our Audi's engine code" doesn't qualify. Please help.
Old 12-06-2016, 07:43 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

hey I have 2008 A4 2.0T. since I bought i have same issue. Audi wanted to charge me for test and repair. I told them I am not going to pay for it. I was also unaware of lawsuit. My car was still under warranty when I took to to Audi. They said that my car Engine was not qualified for warrant repair.
Old 12-06-2016, 08:08 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 382 Likes on 344 Posts

https://www.audiworld.com/forums/q5-...steps-2839060/
Old 12-06-2016, 09:06 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Default Done the oil consumption test (phase 1, then 2)

I've done the oil consumption test. I don't trust the phase 2 results except the fact that I was down 1.5 quarts after 700+ miles (that's easy to check on my own, but w/o hesitation they give me the $4,000 fix estimate that encompasses piston ring replacement and redo the replacement of gaskets, etc that I've already paid for in phase 1. That shows that Audi is fully aware that the issues are far wider than the select models with the select engine codes that were taken care of by the lawsuit (that was far cheaper for Audi than a recall that would then expose this problem to ALL Audi owners during those years)

They gave me that estimate early Monday morning, when they said they couldn't get to my vehicle until Wednesday. I'm at a loss trying to figure out why they determined this fix after Phase 2, when the symptoms were identical when I brought it in for Phase 1. (Loss of oil, blowing smoke out exhaust when accelerating on highway, misfiring until oil is burnt out if cylinders, etc)

Audi Customer Care backs the dealer on the $1,900 repair for Phase 1, then would only discount the repair by $1,000 on Phase 2 ($4 K repair).

It's beyond frustrating, waiting to hear back from AG in Florida for help.