Go Back   AudiWorld Forums > Audi Models > Audi A4 > A4 (B7 Platform) Discussion
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

A4 (B7 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B7 Audi A4 produced from 2005-2008.5

Welcome to AudiWorld Forums!
Welcome to AudiWorld.com.

You are currently viewing our forums as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the AudiWorld Forums community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 06-21-2014, 08:10 AM   #1
Audiworld Junior Member
Account #: 284851

Default A4 has no power, shuttering down the road, low fuel pressure rail code, ECM lights up

It's been a few days since this started, it's getting progressively worse, it seems to have trouble selecting a gear or staying in the wrong gear too long. I don't really know where to start with this. This is extremely distressing to me, I don't even dare to take it out for a drive at this point. Help!
TheRoberto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2014, 02:07 PM   #2
Audiworld Junior Member

I'm sorry it's not the ECM it's the EPC. I also tried unplugging the MAF sensor it just made my idle rougher otherwise no difference.
Old 06-25-2014, 09:16 PM   #3
Audiworld Junior Member

So all day today on three different start/drives it's just been the CEL and the cars gone fine. I'm betting the filter on the pump on the tank is filthy and unable to provide enough gas to the hpfp under load causing the car to go into limp mode. I find out tomorrow at the dealership. Fingers crossed they will just pull it and clean it and thats the only problem.
Old 06-30-2014, 01:15 AM   #4
Audiworld Junior Member
Account #: 284613

When you have the EPC light come on it usually means there's something going on with the computer. Electronic Program Control. Get yourself a cheap ebay cable that'll work with a b7 A4 and scan for codes.(not endorsing non vagcom cables)
Dolamite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2014, 06:42 AM   #5
Audiworld Junior Member

The problem is so bad now I brought it to Audi for diagnostic and they narrowed it down to G247 low pressure sensor or hpfp. I put the codes on the other thread. What do you think?
Old 06-30-2014, 08:49 AM   #6
Audiworld Junior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRoberto View Post
The problem is so bad now I brought it to Audi for diagnostic and they narrowed it down to G247 low pressure sensor or hpfp. I put the codes on the other thread. What do you think?
All your codes point to the low pressure side and the circuit being disconnected on the sensor g247.

Knowing Audi, they're taking the cheapest first approach and if it doesn't fix, their going to look at the low pressure fuel pump. I believe you already checked the fuel filter?

If it was high pressure related you might've seen P2293 and a remark on the N276 sensor as one.

I don't think it's your high side just by the codes you gave. What is disconcerting is the EPC light. It may be associated with limp mode being triggered I don't know. Just out of curiosity, were your PRNDS on the dash flashing at any point?
Old 06-30-2014, 10:05 AM   #7
Audiworld Junior Member

No flashing.
Old 06-30-2014, 10:07 AM   #8
Audiworld Junior Member

We pulled the G247 off and used one from another car to trouble shoot and nothing changed. The EPC would go on when the car went into limp mode, you're right, and now it's on and in limp mode all the time. It is also starting progressively harder when cold.
Old 06-30-2014, 10:08 AM   #9
Audiworld Junior Member

Cam follower checked recently? Do you drive with a empty tank a lot?
Old 06-30-2014, 10:16 AM   #10
Audiworld Junior Member

Cam follower looks brand new and is about 2,000 miles old. I never drive on an empty tank but I did recently get gas at a Gulf and thats about the time it started happening. When we changed the fuel filter the gas looked pretty dirty. My mechanic thought it was odd but wasn't really concerned because there was no water in it.
Old 06-30-2014, 10:16 AM
AudiWorld
Audi R8

Paid Advertisement

Tags
a4, audi, disconnected, fuel, pressure, rail, v6