Go Back   AudiWorld Forums > Audi Models > Audi A4 > A4 (B7 Platform) Discussion
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

A4 (B7 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B7 Audi A4 produced from 2005-2008.5

Welcome to AudiWorld Forums!
Welcome to AudiWorld.com.

You are currently viewing our forums as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the AudiWorld Forums community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 06-26-2011, 11:35 AM   #1
AudiWorld Newcomer
Account #: 216679

Default Brake lights stay on all the time

Hi guys.. New here

Ive a 2007 A4 B7 1.9TDI

I had an issue of my brake lights staying on all the time

Also ESP and heater plug light is flashing on the dash

Got it scanned it showed the brake light switch so i replaced it but still the problem occurs...

The switch was tested and once pressed it shows activated and was depressed the value reads "0"

Howver on the dianogtics it also showed a brake test switch and the value was at activated all the time..

Can anyone help?
peteyg67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2011, 11:47 AM   #2
AudiWorld Senior Member
Account #: 173676

Quote:
Originally Posted by peteyg67 View Post
Hi guys.. New here

Ive a 2007 A4 B7 1.9TDI

Got it scanned it showed the brake light switch so i replaced it but still the problem occurs...

The switch was tested and once pressed it shows activated and was depressed the value reads "0"

Howver on the dianogtics it also showed a brake test switch and the value was at activated all the time..

Can anyone help?
Just to clarify, are you talking the rear parking lights (taillights) always on or the brighter brake lights? Our retired 2007 A4 2.0T always had the taillights on just like the DRLs. This is why I ask.

Montreal, Quebec (Canada)

"Ever notice how people who tell you to calm down...are the ones that got you mad in the first place."
Old Dog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2011, 11:50 AM   #3
AudiWorld Newcomer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Dog View Post
Just to clarify, are you talking the rear parking lights (taillights) always on or the brighter brake lights? Our retired 2007 A4 2.0T always had the taillights on just like the DRLs. This is why I ask.

no i mean the brake lights
Old 06-27-2011, 02:00 AM   #4
AudiWorld Super User
Account #: 55498

Default lights

even though you already replaced it, still looks to me the switch for the brake lights is your problem.
how did you adjusted?
it adjust by itself at installation but sometimes it moves or if the pedal is pressed while installing it affects adjustment.
2014 APRILIA RSV4 matte black
2010 R8
s4master1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2011, 10:16 AM   #5
AudiWorld Newcomer

I installed it by pressing the brake pedal in..

Placing the switch into the bracket then slowly let the pedal back and then turned the switch into place...

When the car is turned off and i press the brake pedal they brake lights go on, when the pedal is released they go off

As soon has i turn the car even to accessories the brake lights come on constant
Old 01-21-2012, 11:30 AM   #6
AudiWorld Newcomer
Account #: 229585

Hi, I have a 2005 b6 a4 1.9 tdi and am experiencing the exact same problem. I have also tried replacing the brake light switch (twice, both with genuine switches) and the brake light bulbs.
The brake lights work perfectly when the ignition is off, but as soon as it is switched on the brake lights come on!
I'm all out of ideas now, just wondered if you got to the bottom of your problem?
Thanks
2005 A4 TDi 130 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2012, 11:33 AM   #7
AudiWorld Newcomer
Account #: 229585

Quote:
Hi guys.. New here

Ive a 2007 A4 B7 1.9TDI

Can anyone help?
Hi, I have a 2005 b6 a4 1.9 tdi and am experiencing the exact same problem. I have also tried replacing the brake light switch (twice, both with genuine switches) and the brake light bulbs.
The brake lights work perfectly when the ignition is off, but as soon as it is switched on the brake lights come on!
I'm all out of ideas now, just wondered if you got to the bottom of your problem?
Thanks
2005 A4 TDi 130 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2013, 10:42 AM   #8
AudiWorld Newcomer
Account #: 265711

Default brake light stuck on solution

Quote:
Hi guys.. New here

Ive a 2007 A4 B7 1.9TDI

Can anyone help?
Hello had the same problem ,brake lights stuck on mil light on and heater light flashing,after fitting 2 new brake switches, found the problem to be 15 AMP FUSE BLOWN,under bonnet drivers side next to ECU, changed fuse car has been perfect for 5 days,,,,,
meterman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2013, 10:51 AM   #9
AudiWorld Newcomer
Account #: 265711

Default AUDI BRAKE LIGHTS STAYING ON SOLUTION

Quote:
Hi guys.. New here

Ive a 2007 A4 B7 1.9TDI

Can anyone help?
Hello had the same problem, after fitting 2 new brake switches, Found blown fuse under bonnet, next to ecu drivers side,Replaced fuse car has been perfect

HAPPY DAYS
meterman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2013, 11:10 PM   #10
AudiWorld Member
Account #: 95358

I have had this issue twice, both have been during fall when day temperatures are + and nights are -. I took it to repair shop and they knew how to fix it. Cost me EUR 20! Havent had this issue last fall, fingers crossed for this fall.

Finland
audiphile76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2013, 11:10 PM
AudiWorld
Audi R8

Paid Advertisement

Tags
2004, a4, a6, audi, back, brake, corner, headlights, light, lights, parking, rear, stay, staying, tiguan