A4 (B7 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B7 Audi A4 produced from 2005-2008.5

Brake lights stay on all the time

Search this Thread

Old 09-14-2013, 10:00 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by meterman
Hello had the same problem, after fitting 2 new brake switches, Found blown fuse under bonnet, next to ecu drivers side,Replaced fuse car has been perfect

HAPPY DAYS

I have the same problem myself but I cannot locate the fuse, will I have to remove the ECU cover?
Old 09-14-2013, 12:09 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Found two fuses under the ECU cover (both 15A) but they both looked fine, any other ideas??
Old 01-27-2015, 04:06 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Hello had the same problem, after fitting 2 new brake switches, Found blown fuse under bonnet, next to ecu drivers side,Replaced fuse car has been perfect

HAPPY DAYS
What was the function of the fuse? I have the same problem on a 05 A8 and would like to find the comparable fuse.
Old 10-09-2016, 03:29 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

HAPPY DAYS
Hi There,

Just want to thank this thread, fitted new brake light switch, took me straight to where I should be looking, sure enough, found fuse blown under ECU cover, replaced saved me a fortune as garage had no idea what to do next. They have also learn from this experience so yes, very happy days!!
Old 10-16-2016, 08:26 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Remove the switch, and disconnect it. If you still have the issue, it's most likely a short in the wiring. Oh. I see. Never mind.
Old 01-30-2019, 07:26 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Originally Posted by audiphile76
I have had this issue twice, both have been during fall when day temperatures are + and nights are -. I took it to repair shop and they knew how to fix it. Cost me EUR 20! Havent had this issue last fall, fingers crossed for this fall.
got same problems and drain my battery over night fews times now due too temperature change.what is the fix please.thanks
Old 11-02-2019, 03:48 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Originally Posted by skacepug
I have the same problem myself but I cannot locate the fuse, will I have to remove the ECU cover?
Please could someone please tell me where these 2 fuses are located near the ecu cant find them anywhere
Old 11-02-2019, 03:49 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Originally Posted by fishercp
Hi There,

Just want to thank this thread, fitted new brake light switch, took me straight to where I should be looking, sure enough, found fuse blown under ECU cover, replaced saved me a fortune as garage had no idea what to do next. They have also learn from this experience so yes, very happy days!!
Please could you help me to where these fuses are
Old 04-16-2020, 11:44 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Default Brake light stuck on

Solution It痴 the 614 relay

So I believe I found a solution next to the ECU you have a few relays, The wiring in the ECU is tightly packed firstly move the ECU out of the way then take all the relays out,

Next remove the female relay connectors from the cage and untangle all the wiresThe lazy bastards Audi just force all the wires without thinking twice while making the car

Next re-root the wires and put the connectors back in the cage but make sure the wires are nice and neat and not twisted then without forcing the wires click the cage back into its position definitely use some WD-40 on the connectors Then put the relays back in.

Now I found the 614 relay or all the wires to it was causing my brake lights to stay on the relay must power other circuits because I got a lot of short to grounds and intermittent faults all at the same time so this relay powers other things And every time I took the really off the car my brake lights would go off I知 going to do a YouTube video anyway I値l post a link in a few days
Old 01-19-2021, 08:42 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Originally Posted by Stevencharlesphotos218
Solution It痴 the 614 relay

So I believe I found a solution next to the ECU you have a few relays, The wiring in the ECU is tightly packed firstly move the ECU out of the way then take all the relays out,

Next remove the female relay connectors from the cage and untangle all the wiresThe lazy bastards Audi just force all the wires without thinking twice while making the car

Next re-root the wires and put the connectors back in the cage but make sure the wires are nice and neat and not twisted then without forcing the wires click the cage back into its position definitely use some WD-40 on the connectors Then put the relays back in.

Now I found the 614 relay or all the wires to it was causing my brake lights to stay on the relay must power other circuits because I got a lot of short to grounds and intermittent faults all at the same time so this relay powers other things And every time I took the really off the car my brake lights would go off I知 going to do a YouTube video anyway I値l post a link in a few days
did you ever get around to making a YouTube video? I知 having the same issue with my a4

Quick Reply: Brake lights stay on all the time