A4 (B7 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B7 Audi A4 produced from 2005-2008.5

Considering A4/B7 Avant with Stasis package

Old 12-20-2014, 03:28 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Considering A4/B7 Avant with Stasis package

New forum member here - but not a newcomer to automotive forums.

Looking for comments about my possible next car......

I found an unusual A4/B7 model that I have only been able to look at, not drive: a 2007 Avant Quattro with a dealer-installed Stasis suspension, 2.0 turbo and 6-speed manual transmission. It's very clean, dark blue with black interior. 123K miles. It's a local car, well maintained and with good service records. It has both winter and summer tires and wheels; the wheels on it are Ronal and I believe are 19's. It has upgraded Alcon calipers and rotors. They want $14,725 which looks like a pretty high premium for a car with 123K, but the style of car suits me.

I've checked the Carfax and found that the last 73K miles were put on in the past 4 years, which means much of the mileage above 50K is highway driving.

I'm a repeat Audi and BMW owner with an '83 280ZX Turbo in the garage at the moment. The Audi can't be driven until January 5 because it's at a small used car place that also works on German cars, and the owner is out of country until January 5.

Unfortunately then, I need to wait until January 5 before I can drive it - the good news is that no one can buy it during that period either.

Any comments about this vehicle, especially the Stasis suspension? I do NOT need a car that rides like a brick - the vehicle needs to be suitable for 500 mile trips as well as around town driving. I love the manual tranny, Quattro and I enjoy spirited driving; I also don't mind a firm ride, but I'm over 60 and don't need to be beaten up by a rock-hard suspension. The Avant would be a nice choice for me size-wise, too.

Comments and reports on the vehicle, price and suspension are very welcome! Thanks...
Old 12-20-2014, 07:13 PM
AudiWorld Member

Yes the stasis suspension is going to be rigid. My opinion, most aftermarket suspension is junk. It would be nice if it had sline suspension and would be more tolerable. Seems like your buying someone else's mod. 19"s say twenty year-old racer. 14k is steep for that many miles. I'm impartial against bastardized Audi, good luck.

Last edited by Dolamite; 12-20-2014 at 07:17 PM.
Old 12-21-2014, 07:11 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

I agree that a lot of the aftermarket stuff isn't worth the $. The Stasis package is an Audi-approved, dealer-installed option, so I'm hoping it's a step up.

From what I can tell searching the web (and it's hard to find info on a suspension package from 2007) it may use coil-overs. makes me wonder if there's any adjustment in that setup.
Old 01-06-2015, 04:27 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

The Stasis suspension turned out to be beautifully balanced and provides a great ride. The car also has a chip and performance suspension, and it's a nice runner. The car is fully documented and all the work has been done by the place that's selling it.

Unfortunately when I started checking prices on the parts - like the Alcon brakes that are on the car - I found out that rotors for the brakes are $1000 for the part! I can't take on that kind of potential repair cost. There's a reason one has to be careful about buying modified cars. It's not always the question of whether the mods are well done or not (these are) but the expensive of doing future maintenance on the vehicle.

I wasn't interested in the car primarily for the suspension package - but for the vehicle and the manual transmission. The suspension package was intriguing, but unnecessary.

I've killed the deal. I'll look for another car that's a better fit for me.

Last edited by ColoCoug; 01-07-2015 at 10:32 AM.