A4 (B7 Platform) DiscussionDiscussion forum for the B7 Audi A4 produced from 2005-2008.5
Welcome to AudiWorld Forums!
Welcome to AudiWorld.com.
You are currently viewing our forums as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the AudiWorld Forums community today!
There is a service manual called ElsaWin. "ELSAWIN is the Service & Repair Workshop software actually used by the Volkswagen, Audi, Seat and Skoda main dealers and factory technicians around the world, it covers cars (with varying amount of informations) from 1947 till today. It provides Servicing Guides, Workshop - Repair Manuals, Electric Schemes - Wiring Diagrams, Body Works." It can be downloaded and installed giving us a huge amount of information.
If you aren't into torrents, then you can download each individual file from the links below (much more tedious of a process). The files are fairly prevalent around the internet, so if any of these links don't work a simple google search might help.
Once all of the files are downloaded (only need the install CD and DVD1 for Audi), the install process can be completed.
1) If you don't have WinRAR, you will need to download it. All of the files are compressed in a .rar file. WinRAR is a file extractor like WinZip.
2) If you don't have a disk image emulator download one, both PowerISO or Daemon Tools should do (all three install links are from download.com). All pictures will be using PowerISO.
3) Now that both WinRAR and an emulator software are installed, you can begin the install process. Open the folder that you have saved the files, right click on the file welsa36in.r00 and "Extract Here". Now do this same extraction with welsa36au.rar.
4) While the second set of files are being extracted, you can begin installing the CD. Right click on the first file that you extracted (welsa36in.bin) and "Open with" your emulator program. Find the file labeled setup.exe, and double click.
5) CD Install:
Click 'OK' to extract all files to a temporary folder. Once that is follow the install instructions. At the second step you will need to input a serial number. This can be found in the 'install.txt' file in the 'crack' directory.
Once the number is pasted into the cell you will be asked if that is correct...it is. Now you will need to choose some options. I do not know what exactly they mean but the combination shown of:
"Repair Operations List + Service Package Quotation System + Editing system" and "Apos" does work. Now finish the install by choosing where you want things installed.
6) DVD Install:
At the end of the CD Install, you were told that the data cd must be installed. That will happen next. By now, the second extraction that you did should be complete. You should now open the extracted file, welsa36au.iso with your emulator software. Once it is open you should run 'setup.exe'. Once this file is extracted and installed, your program should be ready to run.
7) Program operation:
When you open the file "ElsaWin", it will ask you to login. admin/admin should do. You can also create multiple logins if you want using the "ElsaWin Administration" file. Hit "OK" on the Note that pops up. Even though you installed the file with the English settings it will still be in German. By clicking the fourth menu option and then the second in the list you can change your settings (I've already changed mine to English...).
8) The rest of the program should be pretty straight forward, but if you need some more help watch this video.