A4 (B7 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B7 Audi A4 produced from 2005-2008.5

Instructions for VAG Can 4.5 and 5.1

Search this Thread

Old 02-07-2015, 12:52 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default P025A CODE....not Fuel Pump Control Module. :/

Does anyone have instructions on how to use the Vag-Can 4.6 or 5.1? There are several targets to open from, but not sure which one. I guess I can try them all.

I'm getting a P025A fuel pump module circuit open on my regular ODBII scanner, but wanted to scan using this new Vag-Can I purchased. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Audi 2005.5 B7 2.0T

Trying to figure out which 'open channel' I am supposed to use.

Last edited by svt_z06; 02-24-2015 at 01:38 PM.
Old 02-07-2015, 08:11 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by svt_z06
Does anyone have instructions on how to use the Vag-Can 4.6 or 5.1? There are several targets to open from, but not sure which one. I guess I can try them all.

I'm getting a P025A fuel pump module circuit open on my regular ODBII scanner, but wanted to scan using this new Vag-Can I purchased. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Audi 2005.5 B7 2.0T

Trying to figure out which 'open channel' I am supposed to use.
First, what symptoms are you experiencing? Are you trying to test the lowside(lowpressure fuel pump) or the highside(high pressure fuel pump)?
From the OBD explanation it reads like one of your fuel pumps has a open circuit, therefore wouldn't be working.

I'm not sure if this will even relate to the scanner you're using, but with vagcom I use measuring block 103 for low side pressure and will be displayed in bar. The first field should bounce around 5bars.

block 106 measures the duty cycle of the lpfp. The first field(106) will have the pressure produced and the second field (106.2) will be displayed in % and at idle should be well under 70%

The high side I use fuel rail pressure group 230, first field is specified pressure. second is actual and third field is the difference.

Hope this helps because I'm not sure what your asking. The vag scanner should've given you a trouble code that is more audi specific. Perhaps scan with that and come back here.
Old 02-08-2015, 06:27 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by Dolamite
First, what symptoms are you experiencing? Are you trying to test the lowside(lowpressure fuel pump) or the highside(high pressure fuel pump)?
From the OBD explanation it reads like one of your fuel pumps has a open circuit, therefore wouldn't be working.

I'm not sure if this will even relate to the scanner you're using, but with vagcom I use measuring block 103 for low side pressure and will be displayed in bar. The first field should bounce around 5bars.

block 106 measures the duty cycle of the lpfp. The first field(106) will have the pressure produced and the second field (106.2) will be displayed in % and at idle should be well under 70%

The high side I use fuel rail pressure group 230, first field is specified pressure. second is actual and third field is the difference.

Hope this helps because I'm not sure what your asking. The vag scanner should've given you a trouble code that is more audi specific. Perhaps scan with that and come back here.
This does help, somewhat. Thank you very much!

The symptoms I'm experiencing is starting the car. Turns over, but doesn't start. I changed the crankshaft sensor (that code went away after) then changed the fuel pump relay (under ecu in the cowl of the engine bay, #614).

As far as the blocks, I'm trying to figure out how and where to put those numbers.

And you're correct, in that I'm trying to test both hpfp and lpfp. I'm getting 13.03v at the module (module bolted to the cover) but not to the lpfp. I'll see if I can scan it correctly with the VAG CAN again and post it here.
Old 02-08-2015, 08:52 PM
AudiWorld Member

If you do get access to measuring block 103 come back with the values. Take a picture, even better.

In the meantime read this entire thread
http://www.audizine.com/forum/showthread.php/632996-P310B-008-Code-Help

You'll have to copy and paste the url, I'm on my cell.
Old 02-09-2015, 07:54 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Thanks for the link!

After reading that thread, I'm thinking that it might be the FPCM. I'm going to run those tests and report back.

Thanks again for all your help! I really appreciate it!!!
Old 02-16-2015, 03:27 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

I guess the VAG-CAN I purchased was the wrong one:

VAG CAN Commander 5.1 OBD2 USB Diagnostics Cable for VW Audi - Automotive Tools

VAG Can Commander 5 1 OBD2 Diagnostic Cable for VW Audi Seat Skoda | eBay

I can't do much with it.... :/

Searching for a good VAG-COM for B7's. Any input would be appreciated!
Old 02-16-2015, 04:15 PM
AudiWorld Member

You need to get the hex+can cable from rosstech. It should be running $350.
Old 02-16-2015, 04:26 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by Dolamite
You need to get the hex+can cable from rosstech. It should be running $350.
Got it. Thanks!

I'm getting a FPCM in this week. I'll post if that fixes my P025A code and let's me get that thing started.
Old 02-17-2015, 05:46 AM
AudiWorld Member

Keep in mind, if I recall, the op ended up getting a whole new pump.

I think it would be pertinent to get the Ross tech cable first and start scanning first. Besides the pressing issue at hand it'll continue to be an indispensable tool.
Old 02-24-2015, 02:08 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Turns out that it wasn't the fuel pump control module. :/

It may be the LPFP. Sigh....gotta get that scan tool.

Quick Reply: Instructions for VAG Can 4.5 and 5.1