A4 (B7 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B7 Audi A4 produced from 2005-2008.5

Newbie!!

Search this Thread

Old 10-17-2015, 07:38 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Newbie!!

Hey

I'm so glad I found this forum!!!

I have an Audi a4 3.0 Quattro 20002 and the engine is a science project,
I had a Mobile Mechanic attempt to replace the timing belt without even mentioning a special timing kit, and After he installed the timing belt he never returned to work on the car. I eventually did some research and found out how BIG this Job really is!!! Now no other mechanic that is mobile wants to work on this car and due to low Funds I cannot tow it and then pay the service charge for a Euro dealer!!
WARNING STAY AWAY FROM MOBILE MECHANICS!!!!! Unless you can watch them work and make sure you know your way around your car so you can stop them if you suspect anything is wrong!
My suggestion is to work with someone you can Trust!!!!
---------------------------------------------------------------

Well about a Month Later I replaced the belt myself, Timed the engine according to instructions!! but I cannot find out how to remove the Cam Tool or Connect all the hoses and connections!!! because the Mobile Mechanic just disconnected everything without labeling or taking pictures of anything!!!! He even throw all the nuts and bolts in a Bucket! A Real Stand up Guy!
----------------------------------------------------------------
Here is where I need some help! PCV Valve connections (Diagram or Photos on how it connects, Radiator set up? Hoses connections (thermostat)
How to get these Cam Lock tools off!! they are like Jammed or something and I don't want to Pull them!
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
I really took my time on this and I made sure the notches lined up I Pray it starts rotating the engine is scary!!
Here are some Pics

Cam Lock Tools (How go you get these oFF?)
Old 10-25-2015, 06:24 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Hey Arron. Looks like you inherited quite a mess. That said, all the details on the engine are available in a manual for the engine. The Bentley book has pretty good for info on the 3.0 engine, so find one of those for guidance.
Old 10-27-2015, 09:35 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 286 Likes on 231 Posts

The cam lock tool looks like it's just a threaded bolt so unthread it when you are ready to remove it.
Old 10-28-2015, 03:52 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Default Thanks for the Help! (CAM LOCK TOOLS)

I was able to get the Cam Lock Tools off by unscrewing the center bolt just a little then unscrew the long bolt and then carefully tapping the side of the cam lock tool with a hammer, but try to be gentle I suggest using your hand with a Glove and just shake it until it comes loose, but be CAREFUL!! you do not want to damage your cams in any way, I also used some WD40 on the CAM Lock Tool edges to give it some slack, it took my about 10 min for each Cam Tool,

I will update pics when all this rain slows down, the car is almost completely back together, the expert that took it apart nearly ripped the front bumper cover completely off, so I have to re connect the cover to the metal guard with zip ties and new connects! STAY AWAY FROM MOBILE MECHANICS!!!

After that I have to rebuilt the PCV Valve to fit behind the THROTTLE BODY (that is a real tight fit back there)

but overall that was hardest thing i ever had to do on any car! The Audi A4 3.0 Quattro is not an easy car to work on! BUT boy It's Fast!!

PICs Coming!