A4 (B7 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B7 Audi A4 produced from 2005-2008.5

Remote starter removed, now I have no sound from Radio

Search this Thread

Old 09-06-2016, 07:51 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Remote starter removed, now I have no sound from Radio

Hi everyone,

The remote starter was removed from my 07 A4 with Audi Symphony II + with Bose yesterday. I don't know what they did but now I have no sounds. The Symphony system is acting normal like it's playing. I first thought the steering controls don't work but they all work fine. Just no sound at all. I looked at the fuse on the driver side door and #39 for radio is good (i believe it's the only for the whole system). Has anyone run into something like this before?

Thanks,
Old 09-08-2016, 04:05 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Good morning from CT everyone,

I finally narrowed down the trouble spot a bit more late yesterday. As of now, I believe there is something wrong with the Radio head itself for the following reasons:

. Whenever I remove #39 fuse for more than 15 min, whole radio system works perfectly fine again (yes, with sound and I discovered this by accident when I had to leave for some work in middle playing around with the car and left that fuse off until when I came back). As soon as you do something that turns the radio off, the sound would go out again. The only trick to get it to work is to remove the fuse for more than 15 min. (I would assume removing the Symphony system itself more than 15 min would do the same but I will have to test it)
. The last 2 days, my car battery went out completely overnight. I have to jump start it 2 days in a row already. Last night, I decided to remove the Symphony out of the car and this morning, everything works just fine. As of now, no more draining battery (I only tested once so far)
. There is manufacture tape behind the symphony but it was ripped as if someone has taken the symphony out and open it up before.

As of now, I do hope the symphony unit is bad. It's only around 80-100 bucks on Ebay. I know there are possibilities for either the harness is being shorted somewhere within the Radio system (fuse #39) or the Bose amp going bad.

Will keep you guys posted,