A4 (B7 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B7 Audi A4 produced from 2005-2008.5

Tfsi power loss *important thread for other owners*

Search this Thread

Old 07-03-2015, 09:12 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Tfsi power loss *important thread for other owners*

Good day Audi fans,

it is almost a joke of how much work i have done and still standing at the starting point; This thread will be a good guide for all the TFSI ( VW, SKODA, AUDI etc) engine people who has same issue and dont know what the hell is happening.

I will try to be quick. My AUDI 2.0 TFSI 2006 147 KW QUATTRO losing power after driving it around or more than 3k RPM. Its not so bad on cold engine, but impossible to drive normally when it is HOT (working temp).
It happens in the highway (top speed 130Km/h as 3k rpm on 6th gear), it happens while driving up the hill, and it happens than i put too much throttle (especially on 3rd, 4th, 5th and 6th gear).
The fault code always was ,,High pressure fuel fail'' or something like that. If you delete that code, while driving with computer pluged in, the car regains the power immediately, and drives as it should be for several minutes until the code comes back again.

I have invested THOUSANDS of Euros (2500euro+) in repairs for this car and still experiencing the same problem. So far these jobs have been done. (Allparts original VAG):
1) New oil and oil filter;
2) New fuel filter;
3) New air filter;
4) New antifreeze;
5) New High Pressure Fuel Pump;
6) New Camshaft follower;
7) New Intake Camshaft and stretch bolts;
8) New Coils (only 2 of 4. Mechanic said other two alright);
9) New Spark plugs;
10 New Fuel injectors;
11) New engine belts;
12) New tensioners;
13) New water pump;
14) New camshaft chain;
15) new camshaft chain tensioner;

I dont know what to do. Seriously. Spent days surfing the NET for info, and have done loads of stuff as you see above. My buddy mechanic has been working with VAG cars for more than 10 years and he can not tell what is happening. Just the raw guesses.
Now the thing is we can hear a strange rattling sound when you accelerate a car from 2k rpm. The sound is annoying. And it comes from the area where the fuel injectors are placed. Somewhere around that place. I have uploaded a video so you can hear it yourself. Any ideas what is that?

>>>>>>> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NP8D...ature=youtu.be

So all in all, i am open to all thoughts and ideas as i am in the situation which takes my all hope to have a good running car..

Thanks everyone in advance. I hope with your help i will be able to find the hiding ,,king of the faults'',
Old 07-05-2015, 08:14 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

This is just something to try at no cost.
Disconnect the cam position sensor, go for a test drive, if the power symptoms are the same, could be the sensor has failed. It's just a guess based on the last time I did a belt change on a 1.8TFSI I didn't plug the cam sensor back in (my bad!). Took it for a test drive, same symptom you have, no power over 3k, no power up hill.
Just a thought.