A4 (B7 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B7 Audi A4 produced from 2005-2008.5

TPMS Error

Search this Thread

Old 05-06-2015, 05:28 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default TPMS Error

Hello All

Just to get this out of the way, I am very auto-illiterate, so please bear with me.

I have a 2008 A4 Quattro (manual transmission if it matters) and for the past couple months, I have had an alert on my display showing "TPMS", as well as the standard tire pressure light. All 5 (counting the full spare) tires are exactly where they should be pressure wise. I have gone through all the resets through the dash display to see if that will help. I have taken a tire off and hid it behind the garage to check if it may be a faulty sensor (and done it with all tires). My father in-law has brought it to his friend who is good with these things, and found the sensors are fine. We have used a diagnostic tool, which shows no errors in the system at all, and we reset them anyways, just to be safe. We have taken out every fuse in the car and replaced them, and even checked the antenna in the trunk/bumper, and still nothing will turn this alert off. So now I come here looking/hoping someone may have an answer. I don't want to have to bring this to an Audi dealership and have them give me the business when it comes to the cost. My car was even rejected for it's inspection due to this error.

Has anyone else experienced this problem? I see all the other TPMS issues, but that seems to be more based off of tire pressure.

I can post an image of the error if that helps at all.

I'm at a loss.
Old 05-06-2015, 05:49 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 382 Likes on 344 Posts

Welcome aboard!

How about the age of the batteries in the wheel sensors? (Better tire shops will have a device that they can scan each wheel with to check the battery.)

I believe that if you track down your local VCDS person, they can run a scan and tell you which corner of the car is having a problem.
Old 05-06-2015, 05:57 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

We did in fact have the sensors tested and we were told they were all fine and operating as they should be.

Is the VCDS the diagnostic tool that is plugged into the dashboard under the steering wheel? If so, there have been 3 different ones used of varying quality (as recently as a couple hours ago). Every one shows no errors found.
Old 05-06-2015, 07:04 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 382 Likes on 344 Posts

VCDS is a VW/Audi family-specific tool. It does connect where other tools would connect, at the OBD port you mention.