A4 (B8 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B8 Audi A4 produced from 2008.5

2011 a4 questions

Old 03-22-2017, 07:46 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2011 a4 questions

hello i just bought this car, its not sline or premium and it's manual...

radio doesnt have bluetooth! unreal! is there a fix for this? doesnt seem like there are any replacement radios for this car or is there?

is there somehwere a way to have the doors auto lock?

anyone know where i can download a shop manual?

thanks
Old 03-23-2017, 11:02 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Paascal:

Alpine Europe has a X701D-A4 radio that is a significant (and positive) upgrade and is a plug compatible interconnect to the existing wiring loom. If you are in the US, you will have to source the radio on ebay (there are a number of suppliers).

Ross-Tech is a provider of diagnostic tools for VAG vehicles. Their Wiki (wiki.ross-tech.com) notes, "Official Factory Repair Information for VW, Audi, Seat, Skoda and VAG based Bentley products is available directly from the manufacturers. erWIN does include Repair Manuals, Wiring Diagrams, Technical Service Bulletins (TSB) / Technical Product Information (TPI), Vehicle Identification (by VIN) and much more. These sources are broken down by vehicle market including RoW and NAR:

The RoW (Rest of World) market vehicles use the following sources to purchase a subscription to the appropriate erWin websites:

The NAR (North American Region) including USA and Canadian market vehicles use the following sources to purchase a subscription to the appropriate erWin websites:
A single day subscription to the NAR Audi site is $35.00. Downloads are not limited during a subscription period, so search the site for the manuals you need! This is the same site and the same documentation Audi uses to distribute manuals and other documentation to their dealers and certified independent garages.
Old 03-24-2017, 04:07 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

hellooo, thanks for the answer about the 1500us$ alpine radio but its out of price for me! isnt there any other way for an android phone to connect to this radio?

audi told me there was an blue tooth hands free device that might be compatible with my car...

some of those a4 came with bluetooth, anyone you know what needs to be purchased to make it work?

thanks
Old 03-25-2017, 04:03 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Paascal,

I found these links on a Vortex thread. enfigcarstereo is located in New Jersey and has a good reputation in the wiring harness vehicle upgrade space. They sponsor a forum over on AudiZine which may be worth a read.

"Do you have the CD changer in the glovebox? Here's the links to the three pieces that make it up:

Grom Audio 3-VAGT -- GROM that connects to the CD changer cable in the glovebox.

Grom Audio C-IPD2 iPod adapter cable for the GROM

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...?ie=UTF8&psc=1" http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...?ie=UTF8&psc=1"

Good luck.
Old 03-27-2017, 05:20 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

hmmm well those seem to work only with apple products...

i found M2.Connect CAN | mObridge bluetooth and phone on android and apple... seems much better!

anyone has one for sale?
Old 03-27-2017, 05:43 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 17 Likes on 16 Posts

Your best bet is to sell the car and do your research when you buy another one. If you want an integrated BT or remote door locks it will cost you thousands to upgrade.
Old 03-30-2017, 04:40 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

anyone tried this?

https://www.dynamicsounds.co.uk/conn...026751508.html
Old 04-07-2017, 08:13 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by jagtoes
Your best bet is to sell the car and do your research when you buy another one. If you want an integrated BT or remote door locks it will cost you thousands to upgrade.
lol this made me laugh, but the mods you talk about are at a significant cost, and he is right.

Do some research with ross tech and some forum/google/audienthusiasts.com searching. If they were that easy we'd all be driving base model A4s!