A4 (B8 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B8 Audi A4 produced from 2008.5

2012 A4 aux jack

Old 04-25-2012, 06:46 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2012 A4 aux jack

Where is the aux jack located in the 2012 A4? Is it a 3.5 mm jack?
Thanks!
Old 04-25-2012, 01:28 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

I think you need the MMI -> 3.5 mm pigtail for that..

like one of these...
http://www.amazon.com/Xtenzi-Cable-A.../ref=pd_cp_e_0

my A4 came with the iPod dock pigtail, but you can also get a USB pigtail

Do you have an MMI connector in your glove box?
Old 04-25-2012, 08:49 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Originally Posted by pinball_map
Where is the aux jack located in the 2012 A4? Is it a 3.5 mm jack?
Thanks!
I thought that I read in the manual that there is a 3.5mm auxilary jack under the armrest, I've looked for it, but only see the A/C jack. Would've been nice to have the 3.5mm jack there so that my google navigation audio can go through the car speakers.
Old 04-26-2012, 03:18 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by RickG
I think you need the MMI -> 3.5 mm pigtail for that..

like one of these...
http://www.amazon.com/Xtenzi-Cable-A.../ref=pd_cp_e_0

my A4 came with the iPod dock pigtail, but you can also get a USB pigtail

Do you have an MMI connector in your glove box?
Don't all Audi's come with iPhone/iPod pigtails when the car is new? Mine came with one the iPod pigtail. I went to Best Buy and bought a 160 GB iPod and called it a day. It's nice to be able to see the MMI display all of the songs. Everything is crystal clear. I can't wait to do the subwoofer and amp upgrade in the future. That's next on my mod list. Gotta buy a 2nd iPod. My wife has to keep connecting her iPhone to play music every time and it's getting to be pain.
Old 04-27-2012, 10:57 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

The 3.5mm jack shout sit opposite the 12V socket underneath the armrest. And no, not every 2012 A4 does have the Audi music interface, with which you control the iPod/iPhone through the MMI - it does depend on the configuration.
Old 04-30-2012, 01:16 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by m33as
The 3.5mm jack shout sit opposite the 12V socket underneath the armrest. And no, not every 2012 A4 does have the Audi music interface, with which you control the iPod/iPhone through the MMI - it does depend on the configuration.
Thanks for that info. Good to know!
Old 04-30-2012, 07:19 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Thanks for the responses, I really appreciate it. I'm going to buy a 2012 A4, but don't plan on getting the MMI option (don't want to pay extra for it). I saw it when test driving and wasn't wow'd by it. I'll just stick to controlling with my iPod as I have for years. As long as the jack is under the armrest, I'm good.
Old 04-30-2012, 10:59 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Originally Posted by pinball_map
Thanks for the responses, I really appreciate it. I'm going to buy a 2012 A4, but don't plan on getting the MMI option (don't want to pay extra for it). I saw it when test driving and wasn't wow'd by it. I'll just stick to controlling with my iPod as I have for years. As long as the jack is under the armrest, I'm good.
I hate to disappoint you, but my 2012 Premium Plus Avant does not have the 3.5mm jack under the armrest. I do not have the B&O or Navigation package in mine. I wouldn't let that prevent you from getting an A4 though. Maybe only the premium trims of the A4 come with the 3.5mm jack in the armrest.
Old 05-01-2012, 02:16 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by whiterice25
I hate to disappoint you, but my 2012 Premium Plus Avant does not have the 3.5mm jack under the armrest. I do not have the B&O or Navigation package in mine. I wouldn't let that prevent you from getting an A4 though. Maybe only the premium trims of the A4 come with the 3.5mm jack in the armrest.
I have a 2012 Prestige and it does NOT have an aux jack in the arm rest either.
Old 05-01-2012, 02:42 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I think we need to clarify something here......
There are two different "options" being discussed in this thread, and they are getting confused... (sorry to correct you Rick, no offence meant)

The socket in the glove box with an ipod "pigtail" (or USB or Analog AUX) is called AMI not MMI. This is Audi Music Interface and if you have this, then you WON'T have a 3.5mm AUX jack under the centre armrest.
This is the EITHER/OR option...
You EITHER have AUX (under centre armrest, OR you have AMI in the glovebox.
Most AMI cars have the ipod tail supplied, but you should be able to ask your dealer for either the USB or the Analog AUX if you don't have a fruit-flavoured music source.

Conversely, MMI is the all-singing, all-dancing option that costs several thousands of $$$ and gives you a bigger high-res screen, controls aft of the transmission selector, and ahard-drive based entertainment system incorporating mavigation, reverse camera etc...

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: 2012 A4 aux jack