A4 (B8 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B8 Audi A4 produced from 2008.5

2014 Audi A4 - Good deal?

Search this Thread

Old 04-12-2015, 05:03 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2014 Audi A4 - Good deal?

Hello all,

I am new to the forum and wanted to get some advice before I purchase my first Audi The local dealer has a 2014 premium plus A4 with S line exterior, 13K miles, 8 speed auto tip, Navigation & Sports package for $34k. Seems to be in line with KBB but I wanted to know if you have any tips on anything I should push to have them include and how much might I be able to haggle off the sticker price. I am financing since I am going to put approximately 20k of miles per year on the car. Any help would be much appreciated!

Cheers!
Old 04-15-2015, 05:28 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 17 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by jnine619
Hello all,

I am new to the forum and wanted to get some advice before I purchase my first Audi The local dealer has a 2014 premium plus A4 with S line exterior, 13K miles, 8 speed auto tip, Navigation & Sports package for $34k. Seems to be in line with KBB but I wanted to know if you have any tips on anything I should push to have them include and how much might I be able to haggle off the sticker price. I am financing since I am going to put approximately 20k of miles per year on the car. Any help would be much appreciated!

Cheers!
Do we assume that it is a CPO car. If so the deal seems pretty good and if not then take $2K off of the deal.
Old 04-15-2015, 06:25 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Originally Posted by jagtoes
Do we assume that it is a CPO car. If so the deal seems pretty good and if not then take $2K off of the deal.
Not cpo. They said there is still 32 Months or 37000 miles on the warranty. Is it worth it to pay the extra 2k for the cpo?
Old 04-15-2015, 08:59 PM
AudiWorld Member

Is this an Audi Dealership? If not they may offer a Warranty they call Certified Pre-Owned but not the same was what an Audi Dealership offers.

The Audi Certified Pre-Owned (CPO) certification process is usually done before putting the car up for sale - not aware of it being offered as an option for the customer. So your next question to them is 'Why isn't this car Certified'. Either its unable to pass the certification process or for some reason they didn't bother to put it through the process - though I can't imagine why they wouldn't given the age/miles. If it failed ask to see what certification points it failed on - though don't think they are obligated to share.
Old 04-16-2015, 01:48 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Do not purchase a used A4 from an Audi dealer that is not certified. You will come to regret it - especially as a high mile driver.
Old 04-16-2015, 04:22 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 17 Likes on 16 Posts

Not cpo. They said there is still 32 Months or 37000 miles on the warranty. Is it worth it to pay the extra 2k for the cpo?
The CPO on a new car is a piece of paper for the dealer to fill out. With such low mileage they usually don't do a lot of work to certify it. I've seen dealers do what they are doing to you just to turn over the car faster. With the CPO Audi is on the hook for a lot of future issues if they come up. If it were me I would tell them I'd give them the $34K if they certify the car and if you want to take a chance tell them you'll give them $32K as is with existing Audi warranty. I assume Carfax was OK as I use this as a guide but realize all issues are not claimed at times.
Old 04-16-2015, 06:18 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Originally Posted by ccA4SEA
Is this an Audi Dealership? If not they may offer a Warranty they call Certified Pre-Owned but not the same was what an Audi Dealership offers.

The Audi Certified Pre-Owned (CPO) certification process is usually done before putting the car up for sale - not aware of it being offered as an option for the customer. So your next question to them is 'Why isn't this car Certified'. Either its unable to pass the certification process or for some reason they didn't bother to put it through the process - though I can't imagine why they wouldn't given the age/miles. If it failed ask to see what certification points it failed on - though don't think they are obligated to share.
Yes it's an Audi dealership. I did ask them why it wasn't certified and they said since the factory warranty still covered so much they wanted to make it cheaper for the buyer.
Old 04-16-2015, 06:24 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Originally Posted by jagtoes
The CPO on a new car is a piece of paper for the dealer to fill out. With such low mileage they usually don't do a lot of work to certify it. I've seen dealers do what they are doing to you just to turn over the car faster. With the CPO Audi is on the hook for a lot of future issues if they come up. If it were me I would tell them I'd give them the $34K if they certify the car and if you want to take a chance tell them you'll give them $32K as is with existing Audi warranty. I assume Carfax was OK as I use this as a guide but realize all issues are not claimed at times.
Thanks for the tip. This is the route of baragaining I plan on taking. One question, does the cpo warranty kick in after the factory warranty is done or does it begin the day you buy it?
Old 04-16-2015, 06:26 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Originally Posted by shs92645
Do not purchase a used A4 from an Audi dealer that is not certified. You will come to regret it - especially as a high mile driver.
Thanks. Yes, I plan on getting as much warranty as I can.
Old 04-16-2015, 10:05 AM
AudiWorld Member

...does the cpo warranty kick in after the factory warranty is done or does it begin the day you buy it?
Kicks in once the original warranty expires and is good for another 2 years or 50,000 miles. Do note there is an $85 deductible for claims during the CPO warranty period.

Are you planning on financing? through the dealer? CPO cars currently can get as low as 1.9% up to 72 months.

If you opt to go with this car and they don't add CPO I'd say make your initial offer lowball closer to $30k so you have room to come up. That or give them a take it or leave offer of $32k and be ready to walk.

Quick Reply: 2014 Audi A4 - Good deal?