A4 (B8 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B8 Audi A4 produced from 2008.5

2015 A4 Finally Arrived

Search this Thread

Old 04-09-2015, 02:29 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Good for you guys. Lease is ending on my 2012 A4 S-line 19". Today I gave my winter wheels and tires to a buddy who can get another winter from them.
Picking up a 2016 A6 P+ with 18' wheels. Too many craters on the streets the last few years for low profile tires in metro NYC.
I will miss the A4.
Old 04-09-2015, 02:31 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by TTravez
Congrats!! An awesome ride for sure. What are your thoughts on it so far?

I placed my order about a month ago...just recieved the 'built' email. How long after your built notice did your dealer recieve the car?

Also, I see you have sport plus...does it come with aluminum pedals?
Thank you! I like it so far. The steering is a little numb and it could use a bit more power but it looks great a makes a fantastic daily driver. I need to get more seat time in it. I will say I'm glad I pulled the trigger on the current model. The photos I've seen of the B9 look lackluster and so far I'm not impressed.

Congratulations on your order! Mine took a little over 2 weeks to be delivered to my dealer. I'm lucky that it didn't sit at the port exposed to salt air for an extended period.

The Sport Plus doesn't come with aluminum pedals, but I did order the OEM S4 ones and the dead pedal. Audi added an additional "competition package" that may included them along with black mirrors and a few other tweaks.

Originally Posted by audi8k
I assume you mean the "shut off engine before opening door" stress test. If you find it .. please tell. The only known method is the temporary mute by pressing "Reset" on the wiper control.

An extra irritation is that I have to wait for 2 bongs and sometimes 3, before the system takes notice of me pressing the button.
Stress Test! LOL The car does have some quirks and the navigation voice isn't as pleasant as in the M3 or TL for that matter. Hopefully one of these coding programs can change the tone or at least shorten the warining time. It's annoying!
Old 04-09-2015, 02:32 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by Barrels41
Good for you guys. Lease is ending on my 2012 A4 S-line 19". Today I gave my winter wheels and tires to a buddy who can get another winter from them.
Picking up a 2016 A6 P+ with 18' wheels. Too many craters on the streets the last few years for low profile tires in metro NYC.
I will miss the A4.
The A6 is a great looking car! Congratulations. Yes, NYC can be brutal on vehicles.
Old 04-13-2015, 03:42 PM
AudiWorld Member

I said I wasn't going to mod this car but...

-OEM S4 Facelift Aluminum pedals on order.
-OEM R8 Oil Filler Cap (I know, I know, who cares about this one!)
-Phillips X-treme Ultinon LED H8 Foglights on order. (Hoping they don't throw a code)

Love the car so far!
Old 04-14-2015, 11:35 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by E92MPower
-Phillips X-treme Ultinon LED H8 Foglights on order. (Hoping they don't throw a code)
Very interested on how those work out. Did you find a deal on these, not sure I can pull the trigger on a fog light at the suggested retail price on these.
Old 04-14-2015, 04:08 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by ccA4SEA
Very interested on how those work out. Did you find a deal on these, not sure I can pull the trigger on a fog light at the suggested retail price on these.

They certainly aren't cheap, but I have a strong aversion to the coated bulb offerings and the Piaa's have an external fan and steep price tag. The information on them is limited so I took the plunge. I picked them up from Amazon and used my Amex points so they were technically free using my points.

The cheapest I found them was here using the 15% off coupon.

http://www.xenondepot.com/h11-h8-h16...12834unix2-h11.

Keeping my fingers crossed they work without issue as they are relatively new to the US market. I'll post up results with photos.

Did you ever pick up Carista or did you go with Vag-Com?
Old 04-15-2015, 09:43 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Those fog LED's looks promising. I'm sure you'll let us know how they pan out. Especially how they balance colorwise with the HIDs.

I went with Hoen yellow foglights. They look good, but they don't throw out any especially useable light.
Old 04-15-2015, 10:40 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by E92MPower
Keeping my fingers crossed they work without issue as they are relatively new to the US market. I'll post up results with photos.

Did you ever pick up Carista or did you go with Vag-Com?
Yeah, be nice if they work, most the other ones out there appear to be haphazardly made by random Chinese companies.

Still trying to decide but not in a rush, leaning towards VAG. One question - the 'coming home lights', in carista can you modify it so the foglights don't come on and just the DRLS and tailights come on?
Old 04-27-2015, 02:52 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by ccA4SEA
Yeah, be nice if they work, most the other ones out there appear to be haphazardly made by random Chinese companies.

Still trying to decide but not in a rush, leaning towards VAG. One question - the 'coming home lights', in carista can you modify it so the foglights don't come on and just the DRLS and tailights come on?
Sorry for the late reply I've been busy with work. I'll check the and see if that's an option and report back. Over the last week I've received a few goodies.