A4 (B8 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B8 Audi A4 produced from 2008.5

2015 A4 Headlight Washer Operation

Search this Thread

Old 01-29-2015, 04:14 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2015 A4 Headlight Washer Operation

Have done the search and seen conflicting input on this highly technical item... (eg. gotta have high beam on, gotta have low beam on etc.)
I turn on the headlights, high or low beam doesn't matter, and operate the washer control. Both windshield and headlight washers operate as they are supposed to. You can't miss this as it does a marvelous job on the hood as well. Ok you already know this but hey, I'm new to the brand.
The book says the headlight washer operation is in "intervals". I interpret that as meaning variable in terms of number of control operations to activete the headlight washer I operated the control up to ten times but no headlight washer operation, only the windshield washer. I repeated the procedure starting by turning the ignition off then back on. Headlights on, operate the washer control and both headlight and windshield washers operate, but again, only the first time.
Anyone have a 2015 that they can try this out on?? Probably the same on earlier B8's as well. Dave
Old 01-29-2015, 05:11 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I would try it out, but I don't want my hood to get messy

All I know is it goes off when the lights are on and I hate it. I live somewhere you'd never really need your headlights washed.
Old 01-29-2015, 05:36 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by Nostromo
LOL...
Old 01-30-2015, 04:39 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by Nostromo

All I know is it goes off when the lights are on and I hate it. I live somewhere you'd never really need your headlights washed.

Don't blame you at all for not wanting to try it out...

Unlike you I live in a place where the best mode of transportation, particularly today, is my sled!
Old 01-30-2015, 08:26 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 19 Likes on 15 Posts

In the B5, if you kept the trigger pulled for a few seconds, the headlight washer would fire. Now in the B8, it is mostly hit and miss...
Old 01-30-2015, 11:54 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by Turbo Freak
In the B5, if you kept the trigger pulled for a few seconds, the headlight washer would fire. Now in the B8, it is mostly hit and miss...
Thanks for the input and I agree it does seem very hit and miss.

Before starting this thread yesterday I handed the question over to the dealer. They came back, after some time, saying they couldn't give me a "definitive answer" and that they would check things out when I brought the machine in for its first service.
Old 01-31-2015, 06:05 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 19 Likes on 15 Posts

I recall something like: the headlights washer will fire once every five time you pull the trigger, but I cannot confirm if it is really the case... Seems stupid, the way the B5 used to work was much better.
Old 02-01-2015, 03:42 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by Turbo Freak
I recall something like: the headlights washer will fire once every five time you pull the trigger, but I cannot confirm if it is really the case... Seems stupid, the way the B5 used to work was much better.
Yup, you're right on TF. That's what I was seeing when I did the search. Some would say four, others five etc. Not on this machine of mine however. Quit after ten. Windshield very clean...
I'm somewhat surprised that the dealer came back the way they did without first passing it along to Audi Canada/US for a response.