A4 (B8 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B8 Audi A4 produced from 2008.5

2015 A4 v.s 2015 A3

Old 01-16-2015, 04:37 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 30 Likes on 19 Posts

Originally Posted by roger_1
Nice! What colour interior? My glacier white AR has a titanium grey sport interior, which I really like.

2014 Allroad P+, Glacier White/Titanium, Full paint, Sport package, Nav, Keyless, B&O, Rear Camera, Side Assist.
Does Sport come other colors but Black???

OP, looks like a great set up! Enjoy!
Old 01-16-2015, 10:05 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Nalod
Does Sport come other colors but Black???
My '13 sport has titanium grey seats.
Old 01-17-2015, 06:22 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The Tech of the A3 is cool...but i don't like the interior at all. It's like a Mini-copy.

I vote for the A4
Old 01-18-2015, 01:15 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by Nostromo
Nice. Good job on the P+ and B&O. Not to already be planning your first mod, but a LOT of us have swapped the subwoofer in the B&O system. The built in leaves a bit to be desired, but an $60 Pioneer swap will make that system come alive.

https://www.audiworld.com/forums/s4-...2822346/page2/

Thank you! I'm excited to own my first Audi and officially join the forum as an owner. I'll have to look into upgrading the sub. I promised myself I wouldn't mod this car, but I have a feeling that will be short lived.

Originally Posted by roger_1
Nice! What colour interior? My glacier white AR has a titanium grey sport interior, which I really like.

2014 Allroad P+, Glacier White/Titanium, Full paint, Sport package, Nav, Keyless, B&O, Rear Camera, Side Assist.
Great build you have! I selected Black as my interior color with Aluminum Trim.
Old 01-18-2015, 01:25 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by ports
The Tech of the A3 is cool...but i don't like the interior at all. It's like a Mini-copy.

I vote for the A4
I agree. I test drove an A3 and S3 just to make sure I was making the right decision before signing the offer. Although the engine is great in the S3 and I like how it drives, I just wasn't blown away by the design. In the subcompact segment I'd forgo the 2 extra doors and get an M235i.

Last edited by E92MPower; 01-18-2015 at 04:17 PM.
Old 01-19-2015, 07:27 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 17 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by E92MPower
..I'll have to look into upgrading the sub. I promised myself I wouldn't mod this car, but I have a feeling that will be short lived.
To ease your mind (at least until you get the car) I can report that I don't feel the need to mod the base speaker (2014 Sedan, B&O and Navigation_plus). Like previous model years B&O sounds the best when setting the "Focus" to Driver and then adjust the other settings.

Now and then I use the maximum trunk hight below the speaker so a larger intrusiion than the original speaker would be a problem.
Old 01-19-2015, 08:29 AM
AudiWorld Member

I agree. I test drove an A3 and S3 just to make sure I was making the right decision before signing the offer. Although the engine is great in the S3 and I like how it drives, I just wasn't blown away by the design. In the subcompact segment I'd forgo the 2 extra doors and get an M235i.
Of course you would!!! But in the real world the M235i STARTS at $43k!!!!
So for$45k (Your gonna check some options!!!) your into 428i territory. Just like for $45 your into A4/A5 range.

A3 starts at $30k. So really we are talking a well optioned A3 vs a low optioned
A4. Speed vs refinement/comfort. For some 4 doors do matter.
Old 01-19-2015, 09:03 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by Nalod
Of course you would!!! But in the real world the M235i STARTS at $43k!!!!
So for$45k (Your gonna check some options!!!) your into 428i territory. Just like for $45 your into A4/A5 range.

A3 starts at $30k. So really we are talking a well optioned A3 vs a low optioned
A4. Speed vs refinement/comfort. For some 4 doors do matter.
I compared the S3 to the M235i still apples to oranges but a bit closer than the A3. The A3 platform was out pretty early on. Yes, 4 doors did matter to me and so did the availability of a manual gearbox. Cabin room was also a factor and until you actually sit and drive in one of these cars you can't make an educated decision. But, don't forget the markup on BMW's is quite a bit higher and you have much more room to negotiate than with you do with Audi. Either way at this price point I don't think you can make a bad choice.
Old 01-19-2015, 09:12 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by audi8k
To ease your mind (at least until you get the car) I can report that I don't feel the need to mod the base speaker (2014 Sedan, B&O and Navigation_plus). Like previous model years B&O sounds the best when setting the "Focus" to Driver and then adjust the other settings.

Now and then I use the maximum trunk hight below the speaker so a larger intrusiion than the original speaker would be a problem.

Stop tempting me! LOL I'm getting too old to modify cars. Shhhh... I'm already looking at tuning options, a Brembo or Stoptech BBK, minor suspension mods and wheel spacers. Who says the daily driver can't be fun! My style is OEM plus so it won't be too outrageous. No exhaust mods for sure.

Of course I've been good with the mods.... Except I already ordered and received a Covercraft Sunscreen about 3 months ago. LOL
Old 01-19-2015, 10:50 AM
AudiWorld Member

Sealed the deal guys! Placed an order for a 2015 A4 P+, Glacier White, 6-spd with Sport and Sport Plus Packages, Technology Package, B&O, wheel locks and the Audi Guard kit.

Now the ~3 month wait begins.
BTW, I like the way you optioned it! I think thats a great combo of fun and function!

Im done with Mods and the problems that come with it. I don't have time or inclination to mess with this stuff any more. Sure Im leaving horsepower on the table and some gForce in the curve but sometimes comfort is an ok thing also.

If I had ordered one for me (all road is wires) I'd gone your route except for a different exterior.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: 2015 A4 v.s 2015 A3