A4 (B8 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B8 Audi A4 produced from 2008.5

a4 door interior damaged

Old 03-25-2014, 02:57 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default a4 door interior damaged

Hey everyone

I would like to thank everyone who gave me good info regarding my last post.

Unfortunately, several days later after I got my car fixed, someone broke into my car. My right rear window was smashed. Luckily, my insurance company covered the glass replacement at their designated auto glass repair shop. The problem starts here.

When I picked up my car, I found the arm rest for the right rear door damaged. I don't know why they tried to lift the leather part of the arm rest, when all they needed to do was to replace the window glass. The mechanic couldn't fix it so they told me they will have to order a new door panel to replace it. This will be out from their pockets so I guess everything will work out.

My question is, what do you call that arm rest on the door? Is it part of the door panel? Do they really need to order a new door panel to replace an arm rest?

I dont know if I can trust them to do a good job in replacing the arm rest/ door panel. On top of that, I'm abit worried they might buy parts from used cars that may have defectd to them. Can I specifically tell them to get parts that are certified by audi? Would that even make a difference?

Thank you for your advice and info in advance!

P.S. I am looking for a parking garage so hopefully these series of unfortunate situations won't happen.
Old 03-25-2014, 05:52 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 92 Likes on 43 Posts

It would be helpful had you noted which series and year A4 you have. ECS Tuning shows separate door arm rests for the B8 Audi A4. Enter your model info and search for "door arm rest" at: http://www.ecstuning.com/
Old 03-25-2014, 09:26 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 17 Likes on 16 Posts

The needed to remove the door panel to replace the glass and apparently didn't know how.
Perhaps they know about more damage they did to the panel (attachment points etc).

Here you can see how it works for a B8 front door.
http://www.audienthusiasts.com/Project_Tweeter.html