A4 (B8 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B8 Audi A4 produced from 2008.5

Audi A4 B8 Kufatec Adapter PINS question for upgrading halogen to xenon headlights

Search this Thread

Old 04-18-2015, 07:53 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Audi A4 B8 Kufatec Adapter PINS question for upgrading halogen to xenon headlights

Hey everyone!
This is my first time posting on this forum so sorry if I do anything that's incorrectly and I'm totally new with this whole upgrading process!
I have a question regarding to the kufatec adapter in order to do the conversion.
I ordered the adapter from kufatec and it took them almost half a year to send it to me -.- Anyways I finally received it and decided to take a look at the adapter's pins versus my halogen adapter's pins.
The pins don't seem to match?
[IMG] [/IMG] https://imageshack.com/i/ex52XOvljThe left adapter is the kufatec one and the right one is my original halogen adapter that will be converted using the adapter on the left.
I put a red circle on the original adapter that has a pin on the bottom while the kufatec adapter doesn't have any pins on the bottom row!
Is this normal or is this a sign that kufatec actually sent me the wrong adapter?
I drive the 2012 Audi A4 so I'm sure my car fits this?

Any help would be GREATLY appreciated!
Thanks!!
Old 04-18-2015, 06:07 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Old 04-19-2015, 06:28 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Just a guess but I wonder if they sent you the EU kit and not the US one because they don't have the amber sidemarker lights so their harness plugs may have one less circuit. Other explanations: maybe the extra contacts are for self leveling or swivel function? Either way you should contact Kufatec.de and ask if you received the right kit.
Old 04-19-2015, 07:23 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Originally Posted by BMWBig6
Just a guess but I wonder if they sent you the EU kit and not the US one because they don't have the amber sidemarker lights so their harness plugs may have one less circuit. Other explanations: maybe the extra contacts are for self leveling or swivel function? Either way you should contact Kufatec.de and ask if you received the right kit.
Thanks for replying!
I was wondering what might of happened to the USA Kufatec website? It seems like it hasn't been working for a few months already and I'm worried because that's where I ordered the adapter exactly. Is it okay to contact the German kufatec.de site and speak English?
Old 04-20-2015, 07:56 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by bestgio850
Thanks for replying!
I was wondering what might of happened to the USA Kufatec website? It seems like it hasn't been working for a few months already and I'm worried because that's where I ordered the adapter exactly. Is it okay to contact the German kufatec.de site and speak English?
Yeah, skip US Kufatec and contact Kufatec.de directly. They understand English (and reply in English though it's sometimes hard to understand), and have been able to help me out most of the time. The US kits do stump them sometimes though. Good luck!
Old 04-22-2015, 05:40 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

I tried messaging to the kufatec UK site and never even got a reply back since -.-
Kufatec seems to have very bad customer support service
I'm going to try kufatec.de directly and see if that helps at all. Spent $90 on this cable and I'll be mad if it's wasted