A4 (B8 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B8 Audi A4 produced from 2008.5

Audi of America coming through and working oil consumption problem

Search this Thread

Old 02-14-2015, 01:55 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

recently I have also got same letter. I bought A4 2010 model from dealer and still performing regular maintenance at Dealership. Currently it has 42K on it. Can you please tell me what to do next with that letter. Can I schedule a appointment and replace the things with free of cost?

Please advise.
Old 02-19-2015, 03:32 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

I went to the dealer he replaced everything for free of cost. I think overall cost for him for replacing these parts is just $127
Old 04-01-2015, 06:02 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

I have a 11 Audi a4 I bought like a week ago and put 400 miles on it so for with no issues. I know the problem motor code is CAEB and mine is CAE with numbers after that. Does that mean my motor is one of the unproblematic ones?
Old 04-10-2015, 07:49 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Default Audi refuses to help

Originally Posted by stray123
So I purchased my 2009 A4 with 79,000 miles last year from a dude off Craigslist. Its a beautiful car...but is plagued with issues. I knew it had a coolant leak before I bought it, but since I am a prior aircraft mechanic I figured I could handle it. Well it wasn't a leaking hose, but instead a bad pump. I changed that in my garage for $300 (part from Niello Audi in Sacramento). I also noticed that the car wasn't as fast as I thought it should be, but since I am a new Audi owner I had nothing to compare it to. Needless to say the turbo was going bad after I had a shop test it (after getting a handful of underboost codes). The new turbo cost me $2000 installed. So by now, I'm starting to regret my foray into the land of Audi. I havent even began to complain about the fact that it seems like I need to add oil very often. I know turbos can burn oil, but it seemed crazy how much. So I finally decided to add a quart and reset my trip meter. I was getting about 900 miles per warning light! I learned what was wrong by browsing this message-board/forum. I called Audi of Concord in Cali (about 45 min away) and they said they would do the consumption test (not sure if it was supposed to be free or not). I get there and the attendant looks at his computer and says the last owner already did the Phase 1 and Phase 2 and that the mileage alone (it now has 87K miles) makes me ineligible for any help. He then tries to get me to trade mine in and buy another Audi. I leave pissed off that they didnt call me and save me the hassle before I took the time off from work. Then tried to get me into another Audi after seeing how they stand by their work. About 4 months later after adding what seemed like my millionth quart of oil, I've had enough. I send an e-mail to Audi of America and let them know how I felt about my situation and their cars in general (I also throw in that I'm active duty military for good measure). Two days later I get a reply from Amanda Trybon from AoA stating that the dealership made a mistake and that the dealership agreed to pay for all my consumption testing. And if it failed, the dealership would either cover the engine work completely or heavily subsidize it. Thats pretty cool for a car that is WAY over warranty and an owner that bought it 2nd hand. To add icing to the cake, when I bought my car in to Audi of Concord for the Phase 1 today, they gave me an $80K+ 2015 Audi A8 as a loaner car. Hopefully they take care of everything, but as of right now I am impressed with service tech Michael Allen at Audi Concord and Audi of America. I'll let you guys know how it turns out.
I bought my 2010 audi a4 in February 2013 with 44k miles. It was already burning a lot of oil but was still had 11 months or about 5,000 miles of original warranty left. I went to volkswagen, porsche, audi of Fresno and the service manager explained to me that the oil consumption was normal because it was a high performance engine, emission standards required the engine to run hotter, it had direct injection, and also because it had to achieve high mileage. After this explanation they refused to run tests on my car and nothing is documented because that place is now closed and changed location to Audi of Fresno. I went over the 50k mile warranty and it was burning a quart of oil about every 700 miles. In June 2014 I had about 74k miles and I payed about 400$ for phase 1 at Audi of Fresno and the service manager assured me that phase 1 fixed 99% of the cars with that issue. On April 8th 2015, car is burning 1quart/500 miles!, I Googled audi b8 oil consumption. I found out that there was a settlement on January 28 that I was never informed about! I visited Audi of Fresno, car had about 85k miles, and they didn't help me in fact both service representatives suggested I sell the car so somebody else could deal with it or take it to Carmax so they could deal with it. I called audi of America and the rep was very rude and not helpful at all. What should I do now?