A4 (B8 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B8 Audi A4 produced from 2008.5
Old 08-22-2016, 02:38 PM
How-Tos on this Topic
Last edit by: IB Advertising
See related guides and technical advice from our community experts:Browse all: Audi A4 (B8) Exterior Guides
Print Wikipost

Audi B8 A4 RS4 Mesh Grill (From $500 down to $174)

Search this Thread

Old 09-16-2012, 02:54 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

If anyone missed out on this GB, they started a new one and this time they are offering one with chrome surround in addition to black and silver. Only 8 more days to get in on it and get the minimum numbers sold.
Old 09-17-2012, 12:04 PM
AudiWorld Member

These are the options:

Black surround/Black honeycomb

Silver surround/Black honeycomb

Chrome surround/Black honeycomb

Does anyone know the differences between the silver and chrome surround? I've tried googling pictures but I can't see the difference from the provided pics on massdrop
Old 09-21-2012, 11:28 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

I have two questions...

1) I've heard there is a metal beam across the front of the car that is covered by the old grille but is visible with the new one if the plate holder is not used. What have people done regarding painting this?

2) Has anyone found honeycomb style refits for the trim around the fog lights? Will my car look odd if I just change the grille and not the fog light trim?
Old 09-23-2012, 10:19 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by chazertis
These are the options:

Black surround/Black honeycomb

Silver surround/Black honeycomb

Chrome surround/Black honeycomb

Does anyone know the differences between the silver and chrome surround? I've tried googling pictures but I can't see the difference from the provided pics on massdrop
The silver is a sort of satin silver paint. The chrome, I would guess, is a mirrored finish. I have seen many photos of the silver surround and it is definitely a satin silver and is in no way chrome in appearance.

Originally Posted by TheRebbie
I have two questions...

1) I've heard there is a metal beam across the front of the car that is covered by the old grille but is visible with the new one if the plate holder is not used. What have people done regarding painting this?

2) Has anyone found honeycomb style refits for the trim around the fog lights? Will my car look odd if I just change the grille and not the fog light trim?
The metal beam ("crash bar") can be painted with rattle can black or Plasti-Dip. It hides pretty well behind the honeycomb after being painted. I would likely spray mine satin black.

There are not currently any matching honeycomb grilles for the fogs. Some guys have made their own but it is difficult and time consuming. There is a movement afoot on another forum to have some made but the quantities would have to be pretty high and then there is the S-Line version versus non-S-Line so there would be variation too.

I don't think there is much mismatch between grille and fog grilles. I have looked at dozens and dozens of photos of this grille on both S-Line and non-S-Line A4s and they do not clash.

Last day is today, Monday, September 24 so get your order in if you want one! The GB needs the numbers!
Old 09-24-2012, 05:13 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

if i had a black or silver car ill get it, mines blue itll look ugly IMO
Old 09-24-2012, 07:49 AM
AudiWorld Member

it won't let me order the chrome version when i go check out...

emailed massdrop about it last week and still no response. i want to place an order but it won't let me. fail.
Old 09-24-2012, 11:00 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by chazertis
it won't let me order the chrome version when i go check out...

emailed massdrop about it last week and still no response. i want to place an order but it won't let me. fail.
That is a concern because I want to chrome surround. I also e-mailed them to ask a couple of questions and while it was only last week, I haven't heard back.

The silver is nice too and if you really want this grille you can go with that one or there have been a couple of guys who have painstakingly removed their original chrome surround and installed it on the RS4 grille. It looks great and very OEM so that is why I want chrome.
Old 09-24-2012, 11:02 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

thats a good price! good luck with the sale man

Last edited by snagitseven; 09-11-2013 at 06:23 PM.
Old 09-25-2012, 08:05 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

The GB has been extended for 12 more days at Massdrop, currently at 13 sold, need 17 more orders for the buy to go ahead.
Old 09-27-2012, 09:50 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by sgclarke
The GB has been extended for 12 more days at Massdrop, currently at 13 sold, need 17 more orders for the buy to go ahead.
Yup! More time for anyone who wants one.

I also got word back from them that chrome is NOT available so it has been removed as a choice. Perhaps more importantly, I was informed that delivery times will be significantly shorter due to reduced customs hassles.

Quick Reply: Audi B8 A4 RS4 Mesh Grill (From $500 down to $174)